Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JBOSS and SAP Java Resource Adapter

Steven_UM
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

I am relative new on the J2EE front and have no prior experience with the JBOSS J2EE server ...

I was wondering whether it is possible to get the SAP Java Resource Adapter installed on the JBOSS server and how "easy" that would be ...

Has anyone any experience with this combination ? Does it work well? What about performance ?

Any feedback would be appreciated ...

I am putting together a proposal for a complete J2EE web application infrastructure using EJB (webservices) as means to call SAP RFC function modules and integrate those with JSP/JSF ...

I want to propose an open-source alternative besides a SAP WEB AS 6.40 approach.

Regards,

Steven

Message was edited by: Steven De Saeger

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steven,

In your first post in this thread, you mentioned a proposal for an open source web app infrastructure using EJB to call SAP RFC modules.

Is this project already underway? If so, where can I learn more about it? I am especially interested in knowing about the JSF aspect of this initiative.

Thanks and Regards,

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steven,

I don't think SAP provides JCA implementation for other platform. You should probably check this with JBOSS whether they have JCA for SAP. Just my thooughts, probably some of "SAP" folks on this forum may get the "official" position on this.

Cheers,

Sanjeev

Steven_UM
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjeev,

I suddently realised that I did not use the proper description of the product I had in mind - I meant the "SAP Java Resource Adapter" which - according to the documentation - is a J2EE compatible connector for SAP ...

Regards,

Steven

Former Member
0 Kudos

Steven ...

The JRA is JCA 1.1 or latest version 1.5 compatible but is not an implementation thereof...

This means that it will only work on the netweaver platform!

Talk about being proprietary....

Enjoy

Steven_UM
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Strange ... the SAP help file states:

>Can the SAPJRA be used with every J2EE Application >Server ?

>SAPJRA was tested on SAP J2EE Engine and on the SUN >Reference Implementation Application Server. It passed >all J2EE Specification Compliance tests.

So according to this it is a fully compliant J2EE JCA implemenation ...

Very confusing

Regards,

Steven