cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application Document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Iam sending the IDOC out of XI and it is getting posted in R/3.Once the IDOC is posted in SAP a number is generated for that. My question here is, would that IDOC number get synchronized with the message in XI. If yes, can anyone tell me how to find that out.

Thanks in Advance.

KC.

Message was edited by:

kittu chowdary

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We cant get the IDOC number because its not an synchronous adapter,if u want to know that idoc is posted or not then u have to go with WORK FLOW,which it uses the standard report in which u have to do some configuration and it will send a mail to responsible person.

Regards,

Phani

Reward Points if Helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Phani,

Can you give me the details of the standard program and the workflow config steps for the same.

Thanks,

KC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kittu,

that IDOC number is synchronized with XI.

In XI you can go to transaction IDX5 and you can search for that perticular IDOC number.

Just try that and let me know.

Regards,

HS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I know that we can search in IDX5 but the IDOC number is not the same as in R/3.

Thanks

KC

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi kittu,

can you clearify IDOC number is getting generated means what? it is system generated or you have put some code to change it or something like that.

bcz i hv tried it in my system and whatever idoc number is getting generated i m getting the same idoc in XI in IDX5.

please explain me if m not getting your requirement.

Regards,

HS

Former Member
0 Kudos

H S,

When the IDOC is going out from XI,it will be assigned with a number in XI Server.When it reaches R/3 the IDOC is not created with the same number as in XI,rather a different number is assigned in R/3 based on the number range availability. So the number in assigned to that IDOC in XI will be different and the number in R/3 will be different.

Thanks,

KC

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

2 Options,

1. In IDX5 in XI you have a new option Called IDOC Tracking ( from Sp17 or Sp18 not sure ). Click on this and XI if you have authorizations , XI will log on to the R3 system and you can see the Idoc in R3.

2. Go to R3, open the Idoc, go to the control record and in one of the tabs ( I think there is one called DETAILS ) you will find the message id of the XI message . Use this to track Idoc in XI.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

In my RFC destn i am able to do a remote logon, but from IDX5, when i do IDOC Tracking, it tries to call the RFC detn and nothing happens.

What authorization is required for using the IDOC Tracking in IDX5?

Thank you,

Regards,

Balaji.M