cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text Determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello folks

My customer has mulitple SH (atleast 3) for every SP. Each of the SH have different text lines to be printed on their delivery note. Does any one know how we do it. Currently i have configured note lines to travel from SP to Sales order. Apparently these note lines travel thru to the Delivery doc and the billing doc.

A response will be appreciated. We need the notes lines from the SH to go to Del doc.

Thanks in advance for your response

Susan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In Text determination ( VOTXN ) we have a option to select the partner funtion from which we need the text.

Go to VOTXN

Select Your text procedure.

Select 'text ID's in text procedure

Select Your text ID and select Access sequences

Select your Acess sequence and access seq for text id's

Here You have a option to change the partner funtion when scroll to right.

Hope this will helpfull to you.

Reward if helpfull

Muthupandiyan

Former Member
0 Kudos

In T-Code VOTXn

Delivery - Header -Display

Select the text procedure, then Access Sequences.

For Text Object VBBK, scroll to the right and you will see the partner function, make that SH for Ship To.

You will of course need all the basics set up to get to this point, which I can't provide now (I'm going on vacation tomorrow !). Text determination can be a real pain to get through sometimes.

If you follow all the config and find you still have issues with it transferring / displaying (especially after you've transported to your TST / PRD system) keep in mind program RVTEXTE. Sometimes Texts can get kind of "screwed up" and this program cleans it up. I don't know why or how, but when everything else looked right and it still didn't work, this program did the trick !

Good luck !

Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

For this you need to do text determination wrt to customer and then flow it down to sales order or delivery document.

This option can be selected when u do text determination itself.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Srinivas:

The config is done w.r.t customer. However the info for SP flows thru, but the infor for SH does not flow thru. this is where we are stuck.

Any suggestions?

susan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Susan,

In the access sequence of the Text id that u used in Sales document, check the partner function, It should be "SH. "

I hope it should solve ur issue.

It looks pretty simple but created lot of havoc, isn't it..

Regards,

Ajai

Don't forget to reward points if useful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ajai:

I am not sure if i understand your response. Could you please clarify...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Susan,

Go to VOTXN , select the radio button Sales document/header go to change mode

Select the procedure and click on "Text ID's in text procedure" on the left.

Then you will get the list of texts ids present in your sales header..

identity the text id and get the access sequence number at the end.

Now from the left side of the screen, click on "Access sequence for TExt ID's"

and enter the Access sequence you got from the text id.

Here you can see the assignment from Customer Master text object, scroll down to

right side, you can se "Partn Funct" column , here select "SH - Ship to party".

Save and try to create the order.. it will work as you r expecting.

• All the above explanation is to copy the Ship to party texts to the Sales order. If it happens then the delivery will automatically get the texts from the SO , had you configured them properly **.

Hope you got it..

Regards.

Ajai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Ajai... Your response did help out. It was simple solution and a timely one.. Thanks once again.

Regards

Susan