cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stock disappears - account assingnment POs and goods receipts

Former Member
0 Kudos

When doing a PO for a subcontracting order, and entering account assignment "K", the goods receipt does not actually update any stock quantity. The material in the PO is material type SEMI and both the qty and value updating are checked in OMS2.

I also see this with ROH material type - in that when you create a PO and stipulate accnt assignment - the stock disappears when the PO is received.

I know it has something to do with the accnt assignment K by design posting directly to the consumption acct. But we don't want this to happen. We want a PO with cost center in it and also be able to receive and inventory qty.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

To add a bit more detail... our finance group wants us to now start entering a cost center and G/L in our subcon POs so they can capture the costs associated with making the product at the vendor. The material that is made at the vendor is a SEMI finished material in our system. When we create the PO and assign an account category of "K" and enter the cost center and G/L and then go and receive the goods on the PO, the stock disappears. There appears to be a conflict between the material type and the "K" which says to expense when rec'd and not inventory any qty. To add insult to injury, at our company, we have this process via another material type that does work - that is non valuated and stocked material (our material type NVAL) so I know it will work.

Garcia
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Ok, according to your description you'll just have to compare the material type master... And forget account assignments!

On the one that works you have it not valuable in value but only in quantity... So change the master of the material you want to be valuable in value and in quatity!

'so I know it will work.' Cheers.

Garcia
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

You have to uncheck the consumption box in the account master 'K', still you have to read if it is possible, try to find something about special stocks in HELP.

I've already set the special stock for WBS ('Q' code) but I don't know if it is possible for every type... It doesn't depend on type of PO.

Still you have to check OBYC and talk to someone from FI.

Give me some feedback on this.