cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL LOAD THRU LSMW -V.V. URGENT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Someone, please please tell me from the beginning of how to map the legacy accounts to SAP account. In the excel sheet what fields should be there to fill in the legacy information. I am not asking for LSMW steps. I am asking to provide me details on the steps prior to doing the LSMW. Like how is the file created. Do we put the table name, field name, field format etc in the excel sheet for mster data.

Like now I have an excel sheet in whic there are fields: Legacy Acct number, SAP Acct Number, balance and account name. So will I be using this sheet to upload to SAP via LSMW becasue tehre are no fields for table name, field format etc. It is confusing.

That is why I am asking to provide me steps on GL upload before doing LSMW. Please explain me clearly. I have to work on it in 2 -3 dya time. It is very Urgent.

Will definaitely provide points , if get an answer that clears my confusion.

Thanks

Lakshmi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmi,

I have given you my LSMW notes with Screen Shots in one of your previous post, probably you might have ignored it. Anyway <a href="http://www.4shared.com/file/26297455/a714e3e7/Customer_Master_Upload_sample.html">here</a> is the source file used in that notes.

Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Satish, I got your LSMW doc. I want to know that are we supposed to export a Project at the end. Is it for exporting to all clients. I am little confused. When we are doing LSMW, are we doing it in config client, or Production. If we are doing it in Config client or Dev, then once we get all the master data, are we exporting it to other clients like Q and Prd. Is this what is meant by exporting a project.

First please clear me on which client we will run transaction LSMW. Then please explain me the Project export.

Thanks a lot

Lakshmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmi,

When u do data Upload through LSMW, there won't be any request generation so, no transport happens automatically, so u have to run this process in Production. Now it is tiresum to do all the same setting which u have done in Sandbox/Dev for LSMW, so insted of doing same setting again in Production u can simply transport the project/Object/Suboject to different clients, this is notthing but a text file in SAP format. which will automatically tranports all the setting i.e, say 14 step settings, just check the seeting and file location again before upload in Production and create a Batch input file and Execute it.

Here is a anoother method. (i haven't tried it yet, but try it and let me know)

see, LSMW will read the data convert it and export it in to SAP, now when the data is already converted in Sandbox, then i feel we can directly export it in different client with the converted file with is stored in system. It will be stored in system with <project name>_<object name>_<subproject name>.conv in system. now with this file i feel we can create a batch input program with program RFBISA00 for GL Master RFBIDE00 for Customer Master, and RFBIKR00 for Vendor etc. u can see this program in 1st step of LSMW when u select standard object.

go to se38 type the program name, then specify the file name wich was converted by LSMW. then exectute it will create a Batch input then execute this. this should workout.

( i came to the above conclustion coz., in step 13 Create Batch input, it will ask for converted file location, then with that file it will prepare the Batch input, that means, the work of step13 ie., program name, above specified is to crate Batch input program with the file specified there irrespective of the client u work, so i have come to that conclusiton, please try and let me know, and views of seniors are also welcome on this.

Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmi Reddy,

Check this document to get an idea/overview of the functionality of LSMW. I know that you found the solution for your error, but just wanted to pass on this info to you for future reference.

http://www.scmexpertonline.com/downloads/SCM_LSMW_StepsOnWeb.doc

Below links also helps you to know about LSMW.

http://www.sap-img.com/sap-data-migration.htm

http://www.ficoexpertonline.com/downloads/0703.doc

http://www.scmexpertonline.com/downloads/SCM_LSMW_StepsOnWeb.doc

http://searchsap.techtarget.com/loginMembersOnly/1,289498,sid21_gci1192754,00.html?NextURL=http%3A//...

Hope this links helps to you

Prem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laxmi,

For GL upload the template would be like this

Field Names:

GL Account Number (123456)

Company Conde (ABCD)

Account Grp ( GL)

B/s (Put X in this filed if it is balance sheet account)

Pl (Put X in this filed if it is P&L account)

Short Desc ( Account Text)

Long Desc ( Account Text)

Currency (INR)

line item (put X if the account is manged line item)

open item (Put X if this account is managed open item)

sort key(012)

Field Status Grp(G001)

You have to create theese fields in excel and upload using LSMW

one more thing you need to keep in mind that you need to fill all the required fileds in excel.

and if you dont have data you can put blank if it is not required

Best Regards

Ashish Jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

THis is the master data upload. How about the transactional upload. How will we do that , when we will be uploading the GL balances. Do we do it after uploading the master data thru LSMW, then we upload the transactional data thru LSMW. Please explain.

Lakshmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi reddy,

For the Transaction data like some creation of GL accounts and Cost centers, Internal orders, Activity types and number ranges that u have to enter it manually.

<b>These are some of the Cut over Activities</b>

Cut over activity is an important and crucial activity during implementation / upgrade of SAP or any other ERP package. This needs to be meticulously planned such that all the steps / activities to be performed are listed and executed in the required sequence. Some of the main activities are as under:

1. Transport all the Configuration settings related to Entreprise Structure and Master Data related transports.

2. Create Master Data - GL Accounts / Cost Elements / Cost Centers / Profit Centers/ Customer Master / Vendor Master / Asset Master / Material Master etc.

3. Upload all open Sales Orders / Purchase Orders.

4. Upload Closing GL Balances as on the date of cutover. In case of Open item managed GL Accounts - line items of the GL Accounts need to be uploaded.

5. Upload all open items of Customers and Vendors.

6. Material Quantity / value to be uploaded and this should tie with GL Balance.

7. For conversion activity create four to six Conversion GL Accounts - one each for Assets, Liabilities, Expense Accounts, Revenue, Materials etc. The sum of all conversion accounts should be zero. Once the conversion activity is completed Block those GL Accounts.

8. Get a sign off from Business for all the conversion activity. The financial ststements should tie with the legacy system.

Transactions should be posted only after obtaining the sign off.

Hope this will helps u

Assign the points if helpfull

Ranjit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Put all the required data in a excel sheet.The fields to be uploaded are some of the cumpulsory fields and the optional fields(based on business requirement). Save the excel sheet in form of Text(Tab delimited format.).

This text file is the file which is read for LSMW.

Thanks

Aravind