cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Patch SAP Solution Manager on Unix

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

I am about to install SAP Solution Manager SP2 on Unix remote via TightVNC Viewer.

After the installation I would like <b>to patch SAP Solution Manager from SP10 to SP13 with JSPM</b> (because ABAP and Java stack).

My question is:

- is it possible to patch SAP Solution Manager with JSPM remote?

- if not, how can I transport/mount alls the files locally on the Unix OS and execute patch process?

- what should be checked else? (e.g. how to stop/start the SAP/oracle processes)

Thank you very much!

regards

Thom

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

the best tool to use is called winscp.

This cracking bit of software allows you to copy files easily between your desktop machine and a remote unix server, just like any file manager software.

SPAM for patches

SAINT for addons

JSPM for java patches only

Kernel upgrades involve the copy / backup of files as a manual process.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

"winscp" works only, if the target system has an SSH server running

--

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

JSPM for EP not solman

SPAM for ALL R/3 system

SAINT for installing add-ons

shailesh

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Dear

>

> JSPM for EP not solman

SolMan has Java parts too (SolMan Diagnostics) - so you will need to patch that J2EE instance too using JSPM.

--

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thom,

Yes, you can apply java patches remotely, I have done it using the following SAP

Note 1013976 - JSPM GUI on UNIX.

Cheers,

Nisch

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can patch only Kernel and Java components using JSPAM. For ABAP componenets you have to use SPAM/SAINT . Before patching you have to extract the patch files to ../EPS/in directory . You can stop the system by using stopsap and start it by startsap

Thanks

Prince Jose

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much!

Is that some way to do this remote (especially for the step extract the patch files to ../EPS/in)?

I am not sure that I have web success or any mount possibilities e.g. with USB...

Thank you very much!

regards

Thom

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can connect to the SAP system remotely throught Reflection or Putty software.

--

kalyan