cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help regarding Look ups

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Right now i am using look ups for RFC Receiver Adapter.

i have code something like this in Mapping for Look ups

//Determine a channel, as created in the Configuration

channel = LookupService.getChannel("DB-SYSTEM-NAME","DB-CHANNEL-NAME");

Now my problem is here in this code i am hard coding "DB-SYSTEM-NAME" and "DB-CHANNEL-NAME". I dont want this hard coding, as when i will transport this code to Quality or Production system, at that time name is going to get changed. If suppose DB-SYSTEM-NAME is SAPXIDEV then in QA it will be like SAPXIQA and in Production it will be something like SAPXIPRD like that.

I want to know that is there any way to get SID of XI system in this code? as in place of DB-SYSTEM-NAME i am giving SID (business system name) for XI Dev server, which i need to change when i will transport it to QA or PRD.

Please reply me as soon as possible. Please let me know if any other things need to be clearified.

Regards,

HS

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is one reason why it is receommended to use Business Services for LookUps.

Business Service names do not change when you transport from One Environment to another,

Alternately you can stored the Business SYstem Name and Comm Channel Name in a value Mapping in the intergation directory and access it in the Message Mapping and get the Comm Channel and Business System Name

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey bhavesh,

sorry for the late reply. You are correct that i can use value mapping. but how that i dont know.

here for value mapping i dont have any input values.. and as i told you i dont want to hardcode it.

so i am not getting how to use that value mapping. can you plz explain me that.

regards,

hs

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Search on SDN for Value Mapping Using Graphical Mapping.

The basic idea of using Graphical Mapping is like using a properties file in Java. You will have a <b>Key-Value</b> pair . The Key is always the same across the environments which you hardcode and the Value will change.

So KEY will be BusinessSystem and the value will change across environments and so on.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

in value mapping you will maintain a table for Business system along with their corresponding communication channel,this table will have business system for Dev,QA and Prd,then in mapping you need to select the CC name based upon the business system

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi aamir,

my problem is not communication channel, that hardcoding i can keep, but the business system name i dont want to hardcode, as the business system names change according to the landscapes.

Regards,

HS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

I already had a look into the Blog written by Praveen Kumar, but as i have told you here he is inputting something and getting value (which he has mapped with input value in value mapping table) as output.

But as i have told you that i dont have any input fields for value mapping on which basis i should decide that what probably be the input. and in ID also i have so many business systems, so how to identify it at runtime?

Regards,

HS

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That is the whole premise of a KEY-VALUE Concept.

Keep the Key a Constant , change the value across environments.

Similar to Property files if you are from a Java Background

If you do not want to use even a KEY as hard coded, then using a Business Service is the only way to do this.Even this would mean the Business Service name is hardcoded in your mapping.

Regards

Bhavesh

Answers (0)