cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange caching problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Community,

I have a problem with deployment of WebDynpro applications. These contain a number of static files (stored under src/mimes/Components/...) which are displayed in my application.

Whenever I change those static (not generated by WD) files and redeploy the app, the changes are not visible. I tried disabling the IE cache with the Microsoft Developer Toolbar but the content sent is still the old file - the changes are not visible.

Does anyone have a clue on how to make those changes visible and where to flush any caches that hold these files?

I found out about cache expiration of WD content, but this does not affect files such as html.

Thanks for you help!

Kind regards,

Christian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

thanks for the answers, but unfortunately this ain't the solution. I'm using IE with Developer Toolbar, so I can erase my browsers cache on a click and view all sources - and updating my WD app doesn't influence the caching behaviour.

Has someone made experiences with setting parameters in Visual Administrator? There's a bunch of properties to make WD expire after x seconds - maybe there is one for mime content?

Thanks,

Christian<i></i>

See SAP Note Number: 589444

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.highlightedcontent?documenturi=...

MIME objects are buffered in the server cache of the Web ApplicationServer. When you import MIME objects, these are not removed from the cache. Consequently, the old versions are still displayed.

Message was edited by:

Christian Henn

Former Member
0 Kudos

I also faced the same problem when I updated the images in the mimes folder and redeployed the application. But finally got a solution. Go to internet options and clear the temporary internet folder n cache.

Mahesh

venkatakalyan_karanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Henn

After modifications just ReLoad and ReBuild the WebDynPro Application and just

deploy the application,your changes will effect.

Regards

Kalyan