cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client refresh query

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created a new client 800 copying the profile from the client 600.

Profile used was: SAP_CUSV

Total space consumed for the new client creation was around 2.6GB.

After the client creation some configurations, transport route settings etc has been done in the client 800.

<b>Now the requirement is to create a fresh new client with same number with the profile: SAP_CUSV from the source client 600.

Should I need to delete the existing client 800 and recreate the new client with the same number..? then is there any constraints to delete the existing client.

or should I directly copy the profile: SAP_CUSV from the source client, If I do so whether it will overwrite on the existing one..?</b>Is there any other options to do this activity.Please advise.

<b></b>

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mudukana,

The right option will be delete 800 and re create 800 then start copy from 600. IF you overrite on the exting, there is a chance that some old config may stay in the client. Deleting is not going to have any impact.

Regards,

Hari.

PS: Points are welcome

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Let me understand, you said you made already a copy from 600 to 800 (using SAP_CUSV profile) and now you need to make the same again?? why you need to make it again? because the last copy that you mention was made long time ago and you need to update the data?

However, you can first delete the existent 800 client (login to 800, go to scc5 (you can check delete entry from t000) and execute the deletion in background. You can login in another existent client and check the log process with SCC3.

Once the deletion of 800 client is done, go to SCC4 (if you checked in scc5 'delete entry from t000), create the entry for the client 800 again. Then Login in 800 with sap* pw: pass and make a new copy from 600 to 800 using whatever profile.

Regards and good luck,