cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display pop up windows messages using webgui

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I’m looking for a solution to display all SAP messages (error and warning messages, also SAP standard) as pop-up in a new window, and not only on the bar at the bottom of the screen, using SAP GUI for HTML, and without modifying the code of all standard programs.

I know that using SAP GUI for Windows I can configure messages display on the client, but it is not possible using SAP GUI for HTML.

Alternatively, do you know any solution to highlight to users the SAP messages at the bottom of the bar (display or sounds)?

The problem is that when the system send a message, some users don’t realize it immediately … and they don’t understand what happens and they need to do….

SAP release is ECC 5.00

ITS 6.40

Support Package level = 17

Kernel patch = 133 for AIX

Can you help me, please?

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Katia

Message was edited by:

Katia Gabrielli

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In your ITS Service pass the parameter webgui_popups to 0. This will disable the webgui popups and pop-ups will be opening in the html form as new window.

Regards

Atul Shrivastava

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul

thank you to your advice, but it doesn't work.

Changing the ITS Service parameter the messages on the bar at the bottom of the screen are remaining on the same place.

I opened a message to SAP, but I think it is not possible

Regards,

katia

thorsten_domsalla
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Katia,

as Klaus wrote, what you want to do is (currently) not possible to accomplish. The parameter ~webgui_popups has another meaning: If it is set to "0" no "floating" popups but "fullscreen" popups are generated. This parameter should be not changed in a webgui service.

With best regards,

TJ

former_member228142
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Katia,

this is currently unfortunately not possible. WebGUI does not provide this option. Can you please create a SAP customer message on component BC-FES-WGU. Write in the message that your users require this feature and that your message should be treated as a development request and forwarded to ITS development team. We will then check what is possible.

Best regards,

Klaus Layer

ITS Development

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did it.

Thank you

katia