Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

spool generation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

i am running a normal report in background which is containing write statement.

when i starts a job through SM36 and runs it immediately,

will there be spool generation which will contain all the list output data came through WRITE statement?

if yes i am not getting the same.can anyone help me out. is anything additional required?

Rushikesh

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes there will -> if you are not seeing this then check the printer settings in the job step definition, and your own printer defaults. If you want to confirm the program is reaching the "write" statement, put in a "message s398(00) with 'got here'." type statement as this message will appear in the job log, not spool, and help isolate where the problem is.

Jonathan

0 Kudos

in the spool options select print immediately option. If you don't set this normally SAP sends it to the spool and just holds it there and doesn't print immediately.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rushikesh,

Write the below mentioned code at the end of your WRITE statments

NEW-PAGE.

COMMIT WORK.

NEW-PAGE PRINT OFF.

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

start-of-selection.

use function module - GET_PRINT_PARAMETERS

here u can set titlen number of pages, printer, start conditionand it will returns

printparameters and Valid parameters.

NEW-PAGE PRINT ON parameters <what ever returns from above Function module> NO Dialog 'X'.

here what ever u r write statements .

write 'abcd'.

:

:

end-of-selection.

if valid = 'X'.

NEW-PAGE PRINT OFF.

and also

Submit <program name> to SAP-SPOOL <name of spool>.

Regars,

VIjay