cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have two master data objects, which I have to populate the latest record

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have two master data objects, which I have to populate the latest record into another master data object.

For Example :

Say'X' is one master data object and a,b,c,d,e,f are key fields in 'X' from which b is the data field, another master data object name is 'Y' and a is the key field and e is an another attribute in 'Y'. I need to pupulate the data for 'e' in 'Y' with a look up in 'X' with keyfield as 'a' for latest 'b' value "which is a date field in 'X' ".

I have written a start routine in transer rules of 'Y' and trying to load 200K records which is taking too long without dumps. If the same is being done for 1000 records it is taking in 20 Secs.

I want your help and suggetions.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Sujan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sujan,

Your explanation of the relationship between X and Y are not at all clear. Are you saying table X has 6 fields (a,b,c,d,e, and f) as the primary key? I have never seen an InfoObject with 5 compounding fields, but that is possible. If that is true, why do you say 'b' is data field?

Please clarify with sample data and someone will try to help you.

> Say'X' is one master data object and a,b,c,d,e,f are

> key fields in 'X' from which b is the data field,

> another master data object name is 'Y' and a is the

> key field and e is an another attribute in 'Y'. I

> need to pupulate the data for 'e' in 'Y' with a look

> up in 'X' with keyfield as 'a' for latest 'b'

> value "which is a date field in 'X' ".

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sujan,

could it be that in your start routine you are writing every thing to your ABAP memory? In that case, a test of 1000 records would be easy for this way of coding, the system is trying to read an entire table in this memory which leads into shortdumps.

Instead you could try and do a look-up for every data-package.

Regards,

Andrew