cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feild selection in MM01

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, my goal is to make the a certain tab in the Material master as required or optional.

I know I can go to feild selection groups and copy from a standard feild and assign that to a plant specific. But the thing is I want to make it material type specific i.e if I go to MM01 and select my specific material I should get a tab (Ex:material group) as optional.

The second thing is I have a material zlabel copied from the standard material type and how do I make certain views a must like basic, sales, purchasing etc...is it possible...I can make only these views available in OMS2 but ...I mean if I have 6 views showing and 3 must be a must in MM01... is it poosible.

And the third is the material type zlabel ..its view did not have material group as required when I select sales views, but when I select purchasing view it becomes a must, is it connect to views...I need to remove this ...please explain..

I know these are a lot of questions at once.....and may take twice to read them ...if they are confusing just say and I will repost it

Thanks ...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

To make field optional and mandatory you have to go to Field selction for the material and there you must assign the field to a field selection group.For this you maust know on which data screen and what field you have make field mandatory.Create and maintain field references For example in your case you want the purchasel group in the purchasing MARC-EKGRP check the field refernce and select field selection group of the material type and there you can change change the assignment of fields to field selection groups as required.

for the selection of the view sgo to define attribute of material type there you can click the material type for which you wanna to do select the views which you wanna to maintain.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, when I select feild groups I can see in the bottom feild ref. and options for these now I see some as transactions like MM01 and some are material types. I want to know how to do this ..

Thanks