Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

List of some Q&A's

Former Member
0 Kudos

1.What is the pick statment do?

2.What is the different between sesstion method and call transaction method and suppose I used one method to transform the data next time suppose I want transform the data which method I can use.

3.What is single and upto one row different?

4.What is the differences between selection screen and selection screen out?

Trisha .

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

<b>1.What is the pick statment do?</b>

Pick Statemnt will captures the UserAction.

Eg: if SY-UCOMM = 'X'.

This type of user actions can be captured thru PICK Statement only.

<b>2.What is the different between sesstion method and call transaction method and suppose I used one method to transform the data next time suppose I want transform the data which method I can use.</b>

There are many difference between Session method and Call Transaction.

Which method we have to use will be found based on Volume Of data and Accuracy of data given. Mainly Call Transaction used for small sets of data because in Call Transaction we have to Handle the Processing errors explicitly. We can do this by BDCMSGCOLL structure.

In Session method seperate session will crate for errors. Calll Transaction will update the Database fastly compare with Session Method.

<b>3.What is single and upto one row different?</b>

The Major difference between Select Single and Select UPTO 1 rows is The Usage Of Buffer for each.

Select Single will search for all the satisfied data and bring all that data into Buffer and later it will give to that data to the program.

Select UPTO 1 Rows will end the search after getting the 1st satisfied record and gives that record to the program.

Thus Select Single will take much processing time when compare with Select UPTO 1 rows.

<b>4.What is the differences between selection screen and selection screen out?</b>

The difference between Selection Screen and Selection Screen Output is we use the Selection Screen Output Event before the Selection Screen will displayed. Eg: Suppose if we want to disable some fields and enable some fields in the Selection Screen then we can code that in Section-Screen Output event.

Selection-Screen Event will trigger after section-screen is displayed and user action takes place on that.

Reward points if it is usefull ....

Girish

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

<b>1.What is the pick statment do?</b>

Pick Statemnt will captures the UserAction.

Eg: if SY-UCOMM = 'X'.

This type of user actions can be captured thru PICK Statement only.

<b>2.What is the different between sesstion method and call transaction method and suppose I used one method to transform the data next time suppose I want transform the data which method I can use.</b>

There are many difference between Session method and Call Transaction.

Which method we have to use will be found based on Volume Of data and Accuracy of data given. Mainly Call Transaction used for small sets of data because in Call Transaction we have to Handle the Processing errors explicitly. We can do this by BDCMSGCOLL structure.

In Session method seperate session will crate for errors. Calll Transaction will update the Database fastly compare with Session Method.

<b>3.What is single and upto one row different?</b>

The Major difference between Select Single and Select UPTO 1 rows is The Usage Of Buffer for each.

Select Single will search for all the satisfied data and bring all that data into Buffer and later it will give to that data to the program.

Select UPTO 1 Rows will end the search after getting the 1st satisfied record and gives that record to the program.

Thus Select Single will take much processing time when compare with Select UPTO 1 rows.

<b>4.What is the differences between selection screen and selection screen out?</b>

The difference between Selection Screen and Selection Screen Output is we use the Selection Screen Output Event before the Selection Screen will displayed. Eg: Suppose if we want to disable some fields and enable some fields in the Selection Screen then we can code that in Section-Screen Output event.

Selection-Screen Event will trigger after section-screen is displayed and user action takes place on that.

Reward points if it is usefull ....

Girish