cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visual Studio Express editions support SAP Connector?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do the express editions of Visual Studio 2005 as well as standalone versions of 2003 (e.g. Visual Basic .NET 2003) support SAP Connector?

I installed SAP Connector version 1 for my Visual Basic .NET 2003 yet the connector class doesn't show up in my ASP.NET project... I suspect this might be related to the fact that a full version of Visual Studio 2003 or 2005 is required. Am I right?

Thanks.

Janek

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Janek,

It would not work with any edition of VS2005. However you can always communicate through SOAP.

Btw, is there any specific reason to use old version of connector?

Try installing new version of connector 2.0 and during the installation itself it would throw the error if correct version of VS (VS 2003) is not installed on the system.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It looks like I got the answer myself. The release notes for the connector's version 2.0.1 state that:

"This version of SAP connector for Microsoft .NET requires Visual Studio .NET 2003 Professional or higher. The standard editions of Visual Studio, Visual Basic or Visual C# are not supported."

I was assuming that version 1 of the connector is for .NET 1.1 and version 2 serves .NET 2.0. Now it's clear it refers to the versions of the connector itself only.

Janek

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

By the way, does anybody know a workaround how to force Visual Basic 2003 to work with SAP .NET connector?

Former Member