Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Schedule Line Category after checking Item availability

former_member220801
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

I would like to change the schedule line category according to the result of item availability check, i.e. change to another self defined schedule line category in case confirmed qty < order qty.

Could any one please suggest where I can implement this logic? Which user-exit is required to modify? Thanks a lot!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Its possible to change the Shedule line category in the sales order.

For this you have to maitain a 'manual Shedule line categries' in shedule line category determination (VOV5).

Hope this will solve your problem.

Muthupandiyan

former_member220801
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes, I know that user can manaully change the schedule line cat in the sales order....but to minimize the chance that user forgets to do so, I would like to find a way to automate this change.

Currently, I do it in the exit USEREXIT_SAVE_DOCUMENT_PREPARE. But I would like to find a exit that user can interactively see the schedule line cat changed after production allocation/availability check. Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

like so many ppl have already said, you can chnage he schedule line category manually but i guess that is not the only issue here. the issue is that the system needs some SLC to perform the avalilablity check in the first place (since avalilablity check cannot be done w/o SLCs). so to the best of my understanding u leave teh SLC determination to be completely manual but that wud surely increase you efforts because if you go for detemination then you will have to begin with some SLC and am not sure if that can be changed.

exploring user exits is also a good idea. i request to kindly keep me posted if you can achieve this.

saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

U can change the SCH line category manually in sales order

Menu path:

Spro-->Img> sd> sales -

> sales documents>sch lines-> assign sh line categories---->

here find ur current combination

eg:

ITem cat+ MRP TYPE= SCH LINE CAT + MANUAL SCH LINE CAT

<b>TAN + ND=CN+---<u><i><b>here u give teh sch lien cate u want</b></i></u>----</b>

this will aloow u changing sch line cat manually in sales order

regards,

Arun prasad

former_member220801
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

I have assigned 2 schedule line category(say Z1[default] and Z2) available to the sales order item category + MRP type. For normal case, if all the order qty can be confirmed, I would like have Z1. But if the order qty cannot be confirmed/only partly confirmed, I would like to change the schedule line cat to Z2, which won't create any requirements to MM/PP. So that's why I would like to add extra logic to determinate whether Z1/Z2 should be used after availability check.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can assign multiple sch.line cat. in TC-VOV6 ( sch.line assignment) where you can give the alternate sch.line cat. to the particular Item Cat.for manual selection.

reward if helpful

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi! in vov5 u can do schedule line category determination. for the combination u should give the mannual schline cat possible in it. Only thn u can change it in sales order..

Schedule line category is determined by taking item category and mrp type into consideration..

Message was edited by:

srinivas rao

pratik_mahendra
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gundam,

schedule line category can be determined only on the basis of item category and MRP / no MRP.

(The schedule line category depends on the item category of the corresponding item and the material requirements planning type (MRP) of the material. The MRP type of a material is specified in the material master record.) - source :- SAP help.

This simply means there is no other way out to determine schedule line category. Hence, you cannot achieve what your r talking about in your query.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you talking about changing schedule line category in sales order? Can I know why you want to change it?

Regards,

Beena