cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

debit memo and credit memo rule

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

may i know why there is debit memo like bank transfer(debit memo), returned debit memo, check debit memo

and credit memo like check credit memo through bank

in posting rule.

what is the meaning of debit memo and credit memo in posting rule of electronic banking.

thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi elina,

Debit Memo - It is a sales document used in complaints processing to request a debit memo for a customer. If the prices calculated for the customer were too low, for example, calculated with the wrong scaled prices, you can create a debit memo request. The debit memo request can be blocked so that it can be checked. When it has been approved, you can remove the block. It is like a standard order. The system uses the debit memo request to create a debit memo.

Credit Memo - A transaction that reduces Amounts Receivable from a customer is a credit memo. For eg. The customer could return damaged goods. A debit memo is a transaction that reduces Amounts Payable to a vendor because, you send damaged goods back to your vendor.

Credit memo request is a sales document used in complaints processing to request a credit memo for a customer. If the price calculated for the customer is too high, for example, because the wrong scale prices were used or a discount was forgotten, you can create a credit memo request. The credit memo request is blocked for further processing so that it can be checked. If the request is approved, you can remove the block. The system uses the credit memo request to create a credit memo.

T.codes FB75 or FB70

To create Credit / Debit Memo request:

- Use the same procedure that you use for Creating Sales Orders i.d T Code VA01

- Give Order Type as CR for Credit Memo and DR for Debit Memo reuest

While creating the request you have to enter Customer Number, Reason for the request. and Material and its quantity. Once the credit or debit memo request is released you can create credit or debit memo. The credit memo request will be automatically blocked for checking with Billing Block 08 (to check credit memo) & 09 (to check debit memo) for the sales order type “CR”

ranjit

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i am actually asking for electronic banking posting rule which amongst others have debit memo and credit memo words. i am wondering what are they.

thanks