Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are they have some relationships?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

In SPRO.

1. I am creating a company code. I have defined a company (SPRO/Enterprise Structure/Definition/Financial Accounting/Define company).

2. SPRO/Enterprise Structure/Definition/Financial Accounting/Edit, Copy, Delete, Check company code, we create a new company code.

when I was creating the company code, I found we dont need to sepcify the Company's ID we defined in step 1. Are they have any relationships?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes,they are very much related.

SAP defines a company code and a company separately.

A company is the smallest organisational unit for which legal financial statements can be prepared.A company can contain one or more company codes,but they must use the same chart of accounts and the same fiscal year breakdown.

SAP defines a company code as the smallest organisational unit for which a complete self contained set of accounts can be drawn up.You will be able to provide data for generating balance sheet and profit loss statement.The company code will legally represent independent companies.

Using more than one company code allows a customer to manage financial data for different independent companies at the same time.

eg. If a company in US has components of its organisation in Canada and and Mexico,it may decide to use 3 company codes .The company code currencies can be diffrent for each component,but they are required to use the same chart of accounts.

Company is configured through transac. OX15.Six character alphanumerical string.

Company code is configured through transac. OX02.Four character alphanumerical string.

Once a company code is defined it can be assigned to

a company, Financial management area ,credit control area(financial config steps)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The relationship is here.....

A company is an organizational unit in Accounting which represents a business organization according to the requirements of commercial law in a particular country.

You store basic data for each company in company definition. You only specify particular functions when you customize in Financial Accounting. Company G0000 is preset in all foreign key tables.

In the SAP system, consolidation functions in financial accounting are based on companies.<b> A company can comprise one or more company codes</b>.----

Company id is optional,If you have company,then Assignement of company and company code you can get it from previous answers.

thanks & regards

venkadesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First you need to Define the Company.(SPRO/Enterprise Structure/Definition/Financial Accounting/Define company)

Then you need to copy the Company code.(SPRO/Enterprise Structure/Definition/Financial Accounting/Edit, Copy, Delete, Check company code)

Then in assignment you need to assign the Company code to the Company.

rgds

Chidanand

Former Member
0 Kudos

What u defined this one is company code. You need to define plant

Logistics->general -> Define, delete, copy check plant

after this only you can assign plant to company code.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have found we can assign it from ../assignment/financial accounting/assign company code to company.

is it correct?