cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VC for DIEN Service Materials

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I was wondering if someone could help shed a little little light on the making DIEN materials variant configurable. Unfortunately for me the system is an MTS and not an MTO, which makes implementing a VC solution a bit more tricky. I have been able to do it for FERH Finished goods, but now I am trying to get the service materials setup using just the Basic Data 2 tab for the configurable material and in the sales order the material says that the item is not configurable.

As a note, there is a KMAT with a class assignment and configuration profile created with corresponding dependencies and everything is in the released status.

I wish to thank you in advance for your help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We got the problem solved by indicating that the item category would allow for configuration, with no BOM explosion and subsequently indicating the material as configurable in Basic Data 2 and creating a configuration profile for it.

Thanks for all your suggestions and help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, arun prasad

However, I tried to do this and as I was thinking it didn't help. However, your slideshow about VC was very interesting. I will continue to investigate, but my options are coming to the fact the KMATs will have to be used.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Steven,

I think wich tab you lookin that tab is you will maintain in mandatory or reqired entry.so when you enter system asking to enter relavent data for that feild

it is possible in T-code is OM59here wich feild you want select and put required entry

Hope this helps you

Prem

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Can try this, I am not sure but please make a try

For DIEN material type u should activate teh material type has configurable

tcode: OMS2-> select DIEN> docuble click-> here in <b>speical material types</b> views--> click the material is configurable---> then try

but I can know y u want service material to create in VC. General this is not advisable

follow this link also

<a href="http://www.slideshare.net/arun_bala1/variant-configuration-overview">variant confi</a>

regards,

Arun prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the information, but I was looking for a solution that would not require me to create KMATs as Service materials. I woúld like to use the material type DIEN with the activation of Cross-plant CM field in the Basic Data 2 tab. Is this possible?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steven

Creation of Master Data for Service Contract Items

Use

You store data on services and products which is essential for Sales and Distribution processing in material master records.

Activities

You can create material master records for service items in the usual way. For basic services, use the material type DIEN. To define more complex services, you can use configurable or pre-configured standard service products that have the material type KMAT.

You can create a standard service product for which you define a variety of characteristics, such as:

Response time for problem calls

Level of hotline service

Replacement parts coverage

Each characteristic is assigned a range of possible values, which can be defined in one of the following ways:

Entered manually during configuration in the service contract (as a configurable product)

Defined as a predefined version of the standard product (as a configured product)

Using a Standard Product - Configurable

The following table illustrates some of the possible values for each characteristic:

Standard Product: Copier_Service

Level of telephone hotline service

2 hours

5 days/week, 8 hours a day

Type 1 - yes/no

8 hours

7 days/week, 8 hours a day

Type 2 - yes/no

24 hours

7 days/week, 24 hours a day

Type 3 - yes/no

When you enter the standard configurable service product as an item in a service contract, the system automatically displays the configuration editor. You then enter values for the various characteristics in your standard service product.

Using a Standard Product - Configured

If you use a standard product and frequently assign the same values to the characteristics, you can create a standard product with predefined values. The following example shows three different predefined configurations for the standard service product Copier_Service:

Configured Material (Standard Product Copier_Service Plus Predefined Values)

Name of configured material

Level of telephone hotline service

Enhanced service

2 hours

7 days/week, 24 hours a day

Types 1-3 - yes

Full service

8 hours

7 days/week, 12 hours a day

Types 1, 2 - yes

Economy service

8 hours

5 days/week, 8 hours a day

Type 1 - yes

When you enter the standard configured service product as an item in a service contract, the system automatically copies the predefined values into the contract. To display the values, you can select the configuration editor manually

Reward if useful to u