cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I18N - Translate text

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I tried to do internationalization(English to German).After changing the Source Language from English to German,How to translate the text.

Thankx in advance.

with Regards,

Karthick

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthick,

I tried that tutorial and worked fine for me. Just you need to restart the NWDS after doing all the steps in the tutorial and then it will start working. And i was able to change the text in front of label in the resource text tab also.

Any way just restart the NWDS and it should work if you have followed every step.

Regards,

Jaydeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I changed the browser language to German and it works

fine now.Thank you for all who has given lots and pots of clues for this.

Regards,

karthick

guru_subramanianb
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kartik,

u have to use java.util.resourebundle class for the same.you have to create a property file where by you need to load the translated text in a key value pair.

Then load the property file in the classpath and read from the property file.

Refer these blogs written by my colleague.This will solve your problem.

/people/perumal.kanthan/blog/2005/05/26/application-internationalization-in-sap-web-as-using-java-resource-bundle-part-i

/people/perumal.kanthan/blog/2005/05/26/application-internationalization-in-sap-webas-using-java-resource-bundlepart-ii

/people/perumal.kanthan/blog/2005/06/09/application-internationalization-in-sap-web-as-using-java-resource-bundle-part-iii

Regards,

Guru

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check this link

1)https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/webas/web dynpro sample applications and tutorials.htm

<b>Generic Services</b>

Internationalization

2) check these weblogs

/people/perumal.kanthan/blog/2005/05/26/application-internationalization-in-sap-web-as-using-java-resource-bundle-part-i

Application Internationalization in SAP-Web AS Using Java Resource Bundle. (Part I,II and III).

Regs,

RK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthick,

Follow this document.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/webas/webdynpro/in... of web dynpro applications.pdf

Regards,

Jaydeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jaydeep,

I followed the same document itself.

In that doc they are telling that "Resource text" Tab and Change the text to german. but there is no option to Change the text. And i tested by changing the Label name to German and followed the other things as it is. But still its not working.

karthick