cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference Between Business service & Business System

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I am new to SAP XI Any one pls Explain me with some basics like.

What is the difference Between Business system & Business Service.

Party & Service without party.

Thanks In Advanece

Regards

Kiran.B

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kiran,

<b>Business System:---></b> Are defined in SLD, because we are sure about the systems to be used in the communication and this is the reason when you go in Integration Directory, you finds all the business systems there (you need not to define them in ID).

<b>Business Service: -

></b> When we are not sure about the system which are going to take participation in communicaion, then we create Business Servieces in ID (you can give any name as per your convenience).

<b>Party: ---></b> The best example to understand "<b>Party</b>" is <b>Seaburger Adapter</b> as Seaburger Adapter communicates outside the firewall and hence used in B2B communication.

<b>Service without Party: -

></b> is used for A2A communication and inside the organization. In other words inside the firewalls.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kiran,

Business System ,If you have full information about the Sender or Receiver ,you define them as BSystem

Business Service is a logical System ,you will define this when you are working with Sender or receiver with Abstract information of it i.e., if you know minimum information of the system.

Party me B2B across firewalls and organisations

Service with out Party me inside the organisation

With Regards,

Sagar

Former Member
0 Kudos

--business systen & service

i]>>Party

A communication party (party for short) represents a larger unit, which is involved in a collaborative process. Using a communication party, you generally address a company within a cross-company process.

Is used to represent a business Partner ( who dosen't belong to the Current company's landscape). It is generally defined in a B2B scenario's. So All the systems/services accociated with the Party are referred only as Services.

<i>

>>service without party

It is used to represent any service within the landscape and is used in A2A communication.

But if the B2B process is involved, and the other party has Financial Data, how they can share the SLD details with the other party?

So for such cases, corresponding to The Other Party, u create a party and u will mention a service for the system involved rather than a system. More over in a B2B scenario, Both systems and services are grouped under the term "services"</i>

regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

<b>Difference in Party & Service without party</b>

A party "with a service" can be equivalent as a company reference. You use a "services without party" when there is no company linked to the service.

>>Party

Is used to represent a business Partner ( who dosen't belong to the Current company's landscape). It is generally defined in a B2B scenario's. So All the systems/services accociated with the Party are referred only as Services.

Generally Service with Party is used for Cross Company processes or B2B integration

Service without party is mainly used for A2A communication.

You can find multiple answers in this thread:

For more:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/7d/6b82cd0d1aef48ab5953524c9cc5b2/content.htm

Service with party e.g:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/how-to%20guides%20...

>>service without party

It is used to represent any service within the landscape and is used in A2A communication.

Please have a look at the following threads..

look into this doc.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/uuid/b0b355ae-0501...

Please these two below links for Service Without Party and Aprty:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/87/1d6e3fefa13042e10000000a114084/content.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/fc/c5174082fe1961e10000000a155106/content.htm

Thanks !!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Refer to this thread

Regards,

Sushil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi !

1. Business Systems are registered on the SLD. Business Services are not.

2. Business Service requires manual adding on Inbound and Outbound Interfaces, Business Systems do not.

3. Business Systems should be mandatorily used when dealing with Idoc's and Proxies .

4. Business Services are maintained across environments and so, there names cannot be changed. Business Systems names can be changed across environments by providing SLD level transport targets.

In the Business Services we cannot maintain the Group and Targets in SLD.For Ease in transporting your ID/Configuration objects Groups and Targets are used in SLD for Business Systems.

One Difference with the Business Service is It has no SLD Entries and No Assigned Products and SWCV's

Please see the below links

Regards

Abhishek