cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

?? default purchase order number generation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone.

When a purchase order is automatically generated from a sales order, is it possible to make the new PO number the same as the SO number we've just set?

ie we need to manually overwrite the newly generated PO just like we did with the initial SO.

Any help on this would be rewarded with a front row seat in heaven 😃

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Derek,

Two ways to do this.

You have to issue the Sales Order out of a Drop Ship warehouse. You have to first setup a warehouse and check drop ship on it.

Once you issue a SO from a drop ship warehouse SBO will automatically open a window as ask you to create PO.

Another way of doing it will be to create the SO from any warehouse and then on the logistics tab of the SO check Purchase Orders which will open the PO confirmation window.

Hope it explains well

Suda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Suda you are a legend. It took us a while to get our heads round your comprehensive e mail but we're gonna create draft PO's then amend the details thereon.

Once again thank you Suda for your brilliant efforts. virtual hi-5,

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Groovy,

Thanks for your trust. Let me know if there is any thing further I could help you with.

Best regards

Suda

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Groovy

wht u asked abt is tht the generation of PO number. So i think automatically it cant b created it is only possible coincidently. but if we set it mannuly as default by going into document numbering i.e. in the administration then i think it will b possible.

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Groovy,

Couple of questions,

Are you creating the SO for a Drop Ship Warehouse which would automatically prompt to create PO.

OR

Are you on the SO manually checking Purchase Orders in the logistics tab and creating the PO.

Each of this scenario can be handled a bit differently.

Couple of things can be done. (1) You may create a User field (Sales Order No.) at the PO header level if the PO has a one to one relation with a SO and if the PO if for multiple SO then create a User field (Sales Order No.) at the row level. and enter the sales Order numbers in this user field.

(2) You can maintain a seperate numbering series for these kinds of SO and PO where you can maintain a Sync.

(3) When you copy a Sales Order to a Purchase Order, Create the PO as a draft and then open draft PO and select a manual numbering and enter the SO number.

NOTE: In his scenario the numbering Series of the SO should be much lower than PO and sometime this could cause ovenruns of number.

I have just given you the 3 possible scenarios. My best bet would be to try the (1) or the (2) one.

Let me know if you have any questions

Suda

Former Member
0 Kudos

How do you create a PO from a SO? I'm using B1 2005 SP01, and I've been trying to figure out how to work drop ship warehousing, but I can't get it to work correctly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The trouble is when adding the Sales Order, you get the small PO confirmation window which does not allow the choice of numbering series.

If this is a specific client requirement, then the only standard solution I see is to create the Purchase Order manually and set your PO number there and then.

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is definately no option in Business One to do this. I can see some potential issues with what you are trying to achieve.

What if there is already a PO in the system with the number assiged and you are trying to post a new PO with the same number.

Is using the remarks field with system generated message on the PO document "Based on Sales Orders ####" not a viable option for you?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Constantin that's very good of you.

You're right about the existing PO list, but it'd be good if we could relate PO to SO in some way. <i>eg. <b>SO</b> 1234 generates a <b>PO</b> that can be changed to 12340</i> so we can easily cross reference them without affecting existing lists.