Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch for the material

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello MM Experts,

Batch management has been activated for a material X and a batch XXX is already

available for that material. I had to create stock of same material X of different batch Y in MIGO through Mvt.type 561.When I enter the batch as Y in the batch field, system accepts it and posts the document. But when I see the stock, it is adding the stock under batch XXX only. I tried a number of times, but the stock is getting added under the batch XXX only. How to resolve this?

Regards

Yoga

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

While doing MIGO you are assigning batch, please try to assign batch manually and check. For activating batch management you must slelect the batch management check box in material master purchasing view or in general plant storage.

Hope this will help.

Regards

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Thanks for reply. Batch management has been activated for the material by selecting the check box in Purchasing view. I assigned the batch number manually during MIGO. But, same thing is happening.System is adding the stock for the original batch.But, while selecting the batch in MIGO, it is displaying all the available batches.

But for a different plant, it is adding the stock under respective batches as I select in MIGO. What could be the reason?

Regards

Yoga

Former Member
0 Kudos

Even if you have batches if you will give batch manually system will pick your own batch.Before enter give your batch manually and check.

For different plant,As there is no batch before it is taking your batch.Please check and let me know.

regards

venkadesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkadesh,

Thanks for reply. I have checked in all possible ways. But for one particular plant,

it is taking one specific batch number only irrespective of whether I enter some other batch number manually during MIGO or even if I doesnot enter any batch in MIGO.It is automatically adopting one particular batch no. only.

Thanks & Regards

Yoga