cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I reuse the simple types defined in a dictionary project?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have created a dictionary project, which contained many simple types and tables. How can I reuse these simple types in my web dynpro projects?

Thanks,

Jun

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jun,

this is only possible, if your dictionary project is a development component project. The simple types, structures and tables can then be added to the public part of the DC using the context menu. The WD projects have to be DC projects, too. Then you can add the ddic-DC to the used DCs list of the WD project(s) and use the simple types and structures to build the contexts.

If the ddic-project is not a DC, one solution is to create a DC of type Dictionary and copy and paste the types.

Hope that helps.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

Thank you for your help. Could you tell me what is development component project? How to use it? What's the difference between development component project and Web dynpro project? Where can I find more information about development component project?

Thanks and Best Regards,

Jun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jun,

using development component (DC) projects you are (among a lot of other issues) able to define interdependencies between the contents of your different projects. The most important difference between a "standard" Web Dynpro project and a DC project of type Web Dynpro is, that you can share for example component interface(s) and model(s) with other Web Dynpro DCs. If you don't use DCs, you have to include all dependant components and models in one Eclipse project.

Please refer to the Developer Studio Documentation for more details.

Hope that helps.

Best regards

Stefan