cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to see the 'valuation type'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus

How to see which materials are there with 'valuation category' ? ( which t-code or table must I look in)

I also understood that a 'valuation type' can be seen from the 'delivery' tab page for a line item in a P.O.

However I can see fields as 'overdeliv','stock type','shelf life','reminder','incoterms' but no field as 'valuation type' in the 'delivery' tab page for a line item in a P.O. So I took a look in mm03 for the material and it has no 'valuation category' defined. Thus I am assuming , if 'valuation category' is defined in Material master, then only 'valuation type' is visible ?

Can someone guide me here ?

Kind Regards

Manoj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Manoj,

I've checked some PO in our system. In case of materials that have only one valuation type I can't see it on the PO (on 'Delivery' tab).

We have some material of split valuation. For these materials I can see the valuation type on 'Delivery' tab.

Double click on material on PO >> you can go into material master and check the fields you want.

If you copy several material (part number) from your PO, you can do a mass-valuation class - check in MM60.

At the moment I can1t recommend better solution.

BR

Csaba

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to all till now, now one query on the material master(MM03) as you mentioned. As far as I can see there is a field 'valuation category', but no field called as 'valuation type'. Can I concur that such a field does not exist in the Material master ?

Many thanks

former_member218067
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Manoj,

You create valuation types for valuation category

category is mentioned in Material master

When you first create material it is valuation type independent

you will have to extend it for a valuation type after that

and while extending it system will ask you for valuation type

if you have mentioned valuation category in material master

Hope its clear

BR

Diwakar

reward if useful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

The Valuation type field will be checked in the Organizational level tab of the Material master.

When you enter the value for Valuation category in accounting view 1 in material master. The valuation type which is assigned to valuation category will be pop in the Organizational level tab there you need to assign what valuation type for the same material.

If you assign the two valuation type then the system will valuate the material on the basis of this valuation type.

rgds

Chidanand

Former Member
0 Kudos

DEAR MANOJ,

WHILE CREATING THE MATERIAL YOU HAVE TO DEFINE THE VALUATION TYPE FOR THAT PARTICULAR MATERIAL AT ORGANIZATIONAL LEVEL.

HOPE THIS WILL SOLVE UR QUERY.

PLS REWARD IF FOUND USEFUL.

REGARDS,

INDRANIL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj.

Valuation type is there in the material master.

This is the part of split valuation along with valuation category.

If a material has valuation category then it will have valuation type.

which viewing the accounting view of the material master , you can see in the inputfiels are plant and valuation type.

hope it wud have answered ur question

Reward if useful

Shawn

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

Material master do contain this field.

If you enter MM03 and choose the 'Accounting' view, you can give the valuation type - if it is in use for that material.

If you are in MM03 on accounting view, you can click 'Organisational level' button (it's under the menu) and check it.

I've checked: we use this field (valuation type) only for materials we have split valuation (we can produce or purchase those materials so we have to give how we want to valuate that lot we purchase/produce). If we don't have split valuation for a material the valuation class determines beyond question how that material is valuated - I GUESS.

So, if the material is only procured externally, it hasn't got valuation type, that's why we cannot see it on PO (on 'delivery' tab).

BR

Csaba

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

deiva
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hai,

By using the Tcode <b>mm60,</b> to display the list of materials for the diff plants for the particular material type & material group, you can see the details of material , plant, Valuation type, matl desc, matl grp, matl type, unit, p.grp, valuation category etc., for all the materials present in the plant.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all Gurus.

My doubt has been cleared.

Excellent contributions all.

Kind Regards

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj

T code SE16 table MBEW

Reward if usefull