cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to convert the sender service to an ALE logical system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

found Michal's <a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/29/xi-error--unable-to-convert-the-sender-service-to-an-ale-logical-system.

My problem is, that the business system of my integration server got no logical name in SLD and

I am not able to enter an name into this field.

I checked the client of the technical system and the logical name is entered there.

How can I get this into my business system??

XI Version: 7.00

thx

chris

Message was edited by:

Christian Riekenberg

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

nisarkhan_n
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

have you maintined the LS name of the R/3 in XI and LS name of XI in R/3....check this using SALE.......

IN SLD your ERP BS should have the LS name in SLD which you say you have it.....i think you might not have maintained in the LS name of the R/3 in XI ( sale)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In our case we have following async scenario:

R3 -IDOC> XI -SOAP->3rd Party

R3 configured in Integration Builder Configuration as Business System (Service without partner)

3rd Party configured as Business Service (Partner)

We got the same error as you for the ALEAUD IDOCs sent back from XI to R3 (automatically sent back synchronous).

To solve problem we additionally configured 3rd Party as Business Service (Service without partner), no communication channel but with adapter specific identificators.

We were told that this was an XI bug.

If it is not clear send me an email to

Please not request or provide email addresses

and i will do some screenshots.

Perhaps this applies to your scenario too.

Michael

Message was edited by: SDN XI Moderator

Kenny Scott

Former Member
0 Kudos

We had a similar problem (if i unterstand it right).

Please try to configure an additional Service with partner-Business System named like the Partner-Service-Business Service.

Additionally you have to maintain adapterspecific identifator.

This works for two scenarios now.

According to our SAP consultant there is a XI bug sleeping.

Michael

Message was edited by:

Michael Höcht

Former Member
0 Kudos

@Michael

Thanks for your reply, but we don't even work with business services or partner communication.

Additionally I couldn't follow you description about what you want me to do?! An new Service? A new Business system? Which name should I take??

@all

Why does XI try to do this "Unable to convert the sender service INTEGRATION_SERVER_S73 to an ALE logical system"?? This is my XI system without a logical name. The receiver should be the 3rd party system MC_TEST (with a logical name).

Do your Integration servers have a logical name in SLD/Adapter specific identifikator ???

thx

chris

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

A few checks

1. Do you have a Header Mapping in the Receiver Agreement?

2. Why does nt the XI Business System Have a logical System Name associated with it. It should have one. Make sure that the Business System is the WebASABAP Business System of your integration server and not the WebASJAVA Business System.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Firstly, you do not need logical name of integration server anywhere while performing the Idoc-R3 scenario.

Check following:

1. Business partner is maintained in R3 system and the partner type maintained is LS. The logical system name maintainedi in SLD should be exactly the same.

2. Ensure that your scenario is configured properly. It should not be trying to convert Integration Server system into ALE logical name. It should be taking logical system name of sender R3 system, which is added as a Business System, from SLD.

Bhavish

• Reward points if comments found useful:-)

Former Member
0 Kudos

> 1. Business partner is maintained in R3 system and

> the partner type maintained is LS. The logical system

> name maintainedi in SLD should be exactly the same.

You mean as RFC Destination? Both of them are ABAP Connections.

Could this be the error?

> 2. Ensure that your scenario is configured properly.

> It should not be trying to convert Integration Server

> system into ALE logical name. It should be taking

> logical system name of sender R3 system, which is

> added as a Business System, from SLD.

In directory I can perform a test which runs without errors, so I think

the error is on ABAP side

@Jai

>Can you restart the errored message and check. You get

>this error only if the sender business systems does not

>have their LS name set in Adapter specific Identifiers.

Try to restart without sucess. LS names are set!

Message was edited by:

Christian Riekenberg

Former Member
0 Kudos

is the logical system name in R/3 same as it is configured in business system in SLD for the sender?

regards

Pratibha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

You cannot enter any name in this field!! This is non editable text box.

This will be picked directly from SLD if you had created technical system with corresponding business system

Do a SLD Cache refresh.

Regards

Ramesh P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

my systems:

ERP: S72

XI: S73

3rd Party: MC_TEST

The S73 got no logical system within, the S72 (the sender) got.

The error message:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?> 
- <!--  Aufruf eines Adapters 
  --> 
- <SAP:Error xmlns:SAP="http://sap.com/xi/XI/Message/30" xmlns:SOAP="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" SOAP:mustUnderstand="">
  <SAP:Category>XIAdapter</SAP:Category> 
  <SAP:Code area="IDOC_ADAPTER">ATTRIBUTE_INV_SND_SERV</SAP:Code> 
  <SAP:P1>INTEGRATION_SERVER_S73</SAP:P1> 
  <SAP:P2 /> 
  <SAP:P3 /> 
  <SAP:P4 /> 
  <SAP:AdditionalText /> 
  <SAP:ApplicationFaultMessage namespace="" /> 
  <SAP:Stack>Unable to convert the sender service INTEGRATION_SERVER_S73 to an ALE logical system</SAP:Stack> 
  <SAP:Retry>M</SAP:Retry> 
  </SAP:Error>

Why he takes the S73 as sender? Shouldn't he take the S72 as sender?

thanks

chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just check in the sender agreement, which system is defined as sender.

and also to enter the logical system name you need to go to the sld and choose the paricular business system and enter the logical system there and do an sld cache refresh in the ID.

Regards,

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a IDOC->3rd Party scenario without BPM. So I have no sender agreement.

The wizard created a receiver determination, a receiver agreement and an interface

determination.

source system S72 got a logical name in SLD and in adapter specific identification in directory

and also the target system MC_Test got both.

so what else to check?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

In your SAP system, go to transaction bd54 and define a logical sytem for the client you want to use as sender system. Save your entries and do a sld cache refresh. Now you should be able to see logical system name for sap system in SLD. Once this is done, open the corresponding bussiness sytem in ID, goto edit mode and choose Adapter Specific Identifiers from the menu "Service". Click on the button "Comapre with SLD" that is available next to Apply button. Now you should get the Logical system name in here. Press Apply, save and activate your changes.

Now you are ready to execute the scenario.

Regards,

Jai Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Once again:

IDOC Sender System: S72

XI: S73

Receiver System (3rd Party): MC_TEST

Sender- and receiver system have the logical name in "Adapter Specific Identifiers"

so no compare with SLD do any changes.

I did a complete cache refresh in sxi_cache.

still got the same error!

Former Member

>>Sender- and receiver system have the logical name in "Adapter Specific Identifiers"

Can you restart the errored message and check. You get this error only if the sender business systems does not have their LS name set in Adapter specific Identifiers.

Regards,

Jai Shankar