Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to insert a new keyfigure with out distrubing the existed data

Vijay4
Participant
0 Kudos

hi experts,

i have the keyfigures like C1,C2,C3,C4.after execute the data, i want to insert 5th kf C5 between C2 and C3 with out disturbing the existed data as well as with out creating another infopackage. is it possible, if yes pl tell me step by step procedure.

thanks & regards

vijay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Vijay4
Participant
0 Kudos

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay!

Our esteemed colleagues are asking all these questions so that they can formulate an excellent set of advice for you. Anyway, since it's an urgent question, here is a straightforward method (you will have to follow up with other processing though... ok?) Select your cube and choose "Change".... You'll see a pane with various selections... You can choose your custom infoobject after chosing infoobjects.... Just drag the your objects into your selected dimension folder... Or else, create your new dimension folder... save your work and activate your Infoprovider.... Voila! There you have it! Isn't Netweaver 7 a wonderful thing?

Hey, please assign points to helpful advise, as thanks to (not just me) but our friends that took time to look at your query and answer.... Do the same for others too, ok? I mean, help out our community!

More power,

Philips

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is this 5th kf - do u want to populate data with a logic from C2 & C3 ?

Where do u want to populated on query level or backend ?

Can u explain us btr what is the requirement ?

Message was edited by:

Jr Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

if 5th KF calculation of C2 and C3., you can do it either Query level or Backend without droping data.

in the backend you have 2 options...

1. Loop Back Process.

2. Remodelling Tool.

Hope this helps.

Nagesh Ganisetti.

Former Member
0 Kudos

At what stage you want to do this, wherether in datatarget or in Reporting. In either case, there is no need to create new infopackage.

Please eloborate

Regards

Pankaj

Vijay4
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Pankaj,

Thanks for your responce.

I want to do this in datatarget stage. pl give me the procedure to do this.

thanks & regards.

vijay.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Go to change mode of the cube and add the KF which u want to add into Cube and put the KF in BW C2 nad C3 and activate the cube once u acivate the cube UR will be automatically deactivated. activate the UR also but the data to the new KF will be left blank.

Thanks

Khaja

Former Member
0 Kudos

What u mean by 'between C2 and C3'?? you can always insert a key figure without disturbing the existing dataflow and without creating an IP as well.

Regards

Sriram

Vijay4
Participant
0 Kudos

hi sriram,

it means, i want to insert the 5th keyfigure in between the second column(C2) and third column(C3).

eg:C1,C2,C5,C3,C4

Former Member
0 Kudos

What do u mean insert here - insert 5th keyfigure in the report - is dat a selection, formula, ckf, rkf ??