cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapping's output should be "&"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have started working on XI projects recently. I am working on mappings and in which I came across a mapping where i got to pass "&" .. But the value in the output cXML file is being shown as "&amp". Which value should I pass inorder to get a "&" symbol in the output cxml. Can some one help me out please.

Thanks in advance ,

Hemanthika

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member335553
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check with this value for '&' ->"%26".

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As & is only allowed starting escape sequences, I would like to know, why you need this symbol in xml? If you have a text field like Muller & Co, then use the &

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan ,

Actually , the problem is with all special characters. As XI does not accept special characters , I am not able to understand , how to pass these special characters. Actually , I am working on a Idoc to http Scenario. Here the Idoc values are passing some special characters like the way you said "Muller & Co". When these values are being converted into xml .. the output cXML is showing the value as "Muller &amp CO". So What should I do in order to get my output xml value as Muller & CO. Not only for this .. I need a solution for all special characters. Can you help me in this pls.

Thanks in Advance ,

Hemanthika

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

A valid XML will always escape-

& as & amp ;

' as @ quot ;

and so on. There are 5 such characters in the XML.

The parser that processes the XML from XI would also need to follow the same standard. Replacing & amp ; as & etc does not make sense.

Regards

Bhavesh

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When the & is replaced with & amp ; then it is correct.

The reciever of the message has to transform the & amp ; back to &.

Of this does not happen, then the receiver does not work correctly. In this case you have to fix the reciever, not the mapping.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi hemanthika ,

use a release character (like '\') for escaping special characters (eg. '<','&') not used in XML

**Reward points if helpful

Regards,

Sushil