cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

special purpose ledgers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

On site, Seeing transactions like OAVH & Gsp1 on a regular basis. Can some one tell me what kind of reporting is special purpose ledger configured for & the config manual for the same.

Regards

Aravind

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Arvind,

For the config, special purpose ledger :

We are using the Special Purpose Ledger for statutory reporting or mangement reporting purpose. It also help us in doing single entry, adjstment posting like income tax deperication.

Steps for cofig.

- Define Table Group

Financial Accounting -> Special Purpose Ledger -> Basic Settings -> Tables -> Definition -> Define Table Group

- Maintain Field Movement

GCF2

IMG Menu Path :

Financial Accounting -> Special Purpose Ledger -> Basic Settings -> Master Data -> Maintain Field Movements

- Maintain Ledger for statutory ledger

GCL2

IMG Menu Path :

Financial Accounting -> Special Purpose Ledger -> Basic Settings -> Master Data -> Maintain Ledgers -> Copy Ledger

Assign Co Code

Assign Activities

- Define Versions

GCW1

IMG Menu Path :

Financial Accounting -> Special Purpose Ledger -> Periodic Processing -> Currency Translation -> Define Versions

- Set Up Exchange Rate Type

OC47

IMG Menu Path :

Financial Accounting -> Special Purpose Ledger ® Periodic Processing -> Currency Translation -> Set Up Exchange Rate Type

- Create Number ranges

GC04

IMG Menu Path :

Financial Accounting -> Special Purpose Ledger -> Actual Posting -> Number Ranges -> Maintain Local Number Ranges

- Create Currency Translation document type

GCBX

IMG Menu Path :

Financial Accounting -> Special Purpose Ledger -> Actual Posting -> Maintain Valid Document Type

- Create Posting period variant

GCP1

IMG Menu Path :

Financial Accounting -> Special Purpose Ledger -> Actual Posting -> Posting Period -> Maintain Local Posting Period

Special purpose ledgers are specila ledgers in SAP. For example ur company is part of the global company situated in India and the fiscal year variant is K4. For Indian reporting the fiscal year variant is April to March. U can define Special purpose ledger and assign a different fiscal year variant so that the postings will take place accordingly. This will be linked to ur original company code in simple terms. There will be number of configurations settings required for this. Further u can also make GAAP related postings directly in FI SL .

For more details reald the following FI SL link

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_02/helpdata/en/da/6ada3889432f48e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Assign the points if helpfull

Ranjit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a small question.

I have 3 company codes. One in India,one in china and one in japan. Thes three company codes have three facilities or locations. So the currencies for these three locations are different (Yen, ruppee and Renminbi)and fiscal year variants are different i,e V3 for India and K4 for the rest. So how to answer the questions relating to consolidation of reports for all the codes together. Is there any special purpose ledger I mean the name of the ledger which has to be assigned for consolidation of reports ? And are there any core areas to be concentrated in answering these type of questions? Please help me out

Thanks

Shravan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aravind,

Special purpose ledger are used for different reporting requirement other than normal requirement.

Simple example to understand:(Theare are many other ways to define SPL for reporting purposes)

I have a company in India and my fiscal year variant is V3 and i report Apr to March. My company is subsidary of Japan company and their requriemetn is to submit financial statement for Jan to december.

you cannot have 2 fiscal year for one company code

Now you have to define one spl purpose ledger to meet the above requirement

you will define ledger and assign k4 as your fiscal year for that ledger.

when ever you are entering a transation in your compnay code a spl documetns gets creted automatically.

you are posting a transacton in april in your company code

Spl automaticlly update this in Jan for k4.

Hope this is clear

Regards

Ashsih Jain