cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DTR check out and check in - compare with WinCVS or VSS tools

kiran_jakkaraju
Contributor
0 Kudos

I have got 7 years of java development knowledge.

But I changed my track to SAP Netweaver and using EP and webdynpro.

I am really not feeling comfortable now in SAP side.

I could not move forward in few of the components of EP like DTR, Webdynpro.

I had done the Java,NWDS installation and NWDI configuration according to the document, Now NWDS is running fine.

Can we compare DTR with WinCVS or VSS?

How to download DTR's repository DCs or Project into my local workspace of NWDS?

But, my problem is, how to download the remote source to local using DTR (check - out) and create a local project with that and change the source locally and again how to check-in.

If you have any steps or document can you please guide me. The NWDI installation document is not much covered about check-out, check-in etc and creating local project with remote DCs etc.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos
kiran_jakkaraju
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kanwalpreet

Thanks for your URL.

I have also got same kind of links from SDN and help.sap.com

But could not understand the steps clearly.

I need any general document like screen shots and steps to follow.

Basically I need to download a project or DC from remote using DTR( I am already done configuration to remote server)

But there are lot of prospectives like active, inactive, local development, activities, .. I need each one to be explained clearly.

I am getting lot of confusion when I read help.sap.com that is the main issue.

My purpose is , download (check out) and change the source, upload (check - in).

Thanks ..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Step for creating Webdynpro in DTR:

1. Open Development Configuration Perspective in NWDS. In the “Local DCs” view, right-click on “Local Development” and choose “Import

Configuration…”

2. Login remote with your username and password. It will create development infrastructure in Inactive DCs. There you can create the component like webdynpro, Java, J2EE, Enterprise Portal, etc.

3. Creating Webdynpro in the DTR perspective.

Step 1: Right click on Inactive DCs -> Create new DC.

1. By default vendor name is SAP. You can change vendor name according to your requirements.

2. create a new Web Dynpro DC with desired name.

Name should not exceed eight characters (Recommended)

create a new Web Dynpro DC with desired name.

3. Select the language

4. Select the domain

5. Select the component type

Step 2. Now it will ask for create new activity name(give name relevant to project name so that you can identify afterwards easily).

Develop your components.

Step 3:

1. Build and Deploy and test your new DC.If it works fine then in DC perspective..right click on activity name ->checkin activity.

Mandatory:

In Webdynpro project src folder should be checked in.

Right click on src folder->add subtree ->create activity.

also chk it

page 31

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/ba67b9a6-0301-0010-adba-b879a298...