cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to start sapinst on Linux for syste z (access denied)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all, I am new to this, a new member of the SAP team.

I am trying to install SAP on Linux for System z. I read all pre-reqs, and I believe I have the correct OS and java levels according to SAP Notes. Here is what I did so far:

Downloaded the "Installation master" to my laptop and then FTPed to the Linux System (on System z).

Unzipped the "installation master" using Linux UNZIP. I think it worked and it actually created a bunch of subdirectories.

I created 2 groups (sapinst, and sapsys) using defaults (nothing special?) and made root member of these 2 groups

From root: did ./sapinst. It failed with a message like this:

sapinst: Access denied.

Any help on what I could be missing will be highly appreciated. Thanks

-- Ashraf Kamel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did a chmod 777 on sapinst and that worked fine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please help me understand, what is ORASID, it is the db admin id for Oracle, if yes, then I did that, since I am using DB2, then I tried with db2inst1, which is the database administrator for DB2. This did not work, I got the same error.

Now, I can create the SIDADM if you think this will help, what privileges should I create it with? keep in mind that I was trying from root, if root failed, then do u think SIDADM will work?

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

-- Ashraf Kamel

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

i think you should login as SIDADM or you u can have ORASID. these user have a privliages.

as this type of error genrally occur due to this reason.

Thanks

sudhir sharma