cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overtime & Time-off.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Employee may work overtime. Overtime is compensated with equivalent hours of time off, which can be taken during any working hours. There is no monetary compensation. May I know how best I can achieve this requirement ?

I am thinking to use IT2002 (Attendances) to record the details of the overtime performed (eg time, hours etc). Then, configure an absence type, "Overtime Leave" in IT2001 to allow employee to take the time-off. But then, how do I ensure employee does not overtake the overtime earned as recorded in IT2002 ? One way is to write the validation in the user exit.

Is this the best way ? Any inputs or advice is much appreciated. Thank you.

Regards

Kir Chern

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to know how to cofigure overtme.My senario is if normal working time is 8 to 4 ,if he works additional for 4hrs @rs 100/hour and he should not cross Rs 1000 in a month as ovetime bonus How to do this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai..

Following are the steps required to get the result..

1. Modify T001 PCR according to ur requirement..( conditions as to when the system should start counting over time)

2. Maintain the Limit for the time type as 10 and make it a period balance time type....

3. Maintain the value 100 in constant dependent on wage types for valuation of wage types

former_member207885
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

you can do this by creating an absence quota for comp time(compensation time).And write a PCR so that whenever employee works over time,those number of hours are stored in the quota.And then create an absence type and assign this absence type to quota.I hope this following post of mine helps.Pl letme know if you have any questions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manohar,

Correct me, if I am wrong. IT2002 is used to record times which the employee is working for the company. Assume the daily working time is from 8:00 am to 5:30 pm. Assume that an employee works overtime from 5:31 pm to 7:00 pm. In this case, the overtime earned should be entered in IT2002 since it represents the additional time spent working for the company. The next day, the employee decides to take the 1.5 hours off, hence coming to work at 9:30 am (instead of 8:00 am). Where then should the time-off from 8:00 to 9:30 am recorded ? It should be an absence from work (IT2001) rather than attendance, right ? How is IT2007 used then ?

Thanks.

Regards

Kir Chern

Former Member
0 Kudos

HAi..

In order to use 2001, there should be some quota ..?? this quota is filled with the ot he is booking in 2002. I mean to say that create a upper limit for 2002, so that the emp can book only x days/hours.. and this can be done with the help of attendance quota.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai..

Create attendance quota and link it to ur over time attendance type...