System Copy - Homogenous and Heterogeneous
Hi All Experts,
Could one of you, please explain me the steps how to performed Homogenous,
Heterogeneous, Client copy and System copy. Please help.
Jawad Hasan replied
For client copy there are two types one is Local client copy which is with the system and Remote client copy which is copy of client from one system to another system.
Local client copy :
1. scc4 .. entry for new client
2. logon to the new entered client with SAP* password: pass
3. sccl ..select source client and target would the one u logged in currently.
4. Set the parallel processes ( depends on u r cpu) normally 6 -16
5. Start in dialog
6. check the logs in SCC3 .
Remote client copy:
1. Scc4 entry for the client.
2. SCC8 RFC maintain .. folow the screens
1. Take the offline backup of the source system and the control file.
2. Restore the backup on the target system.
3. change the control file path.
4. change in the control file where this RESET to SET
5. Startup database in mount state.
6. Run the control file.
7. open the database with command : alter database open resetlogs;
8.All Done !!!
I hope its helpfull ..