cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deliver Related (Project delivery) Billing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it possible to do delivery related (project delivery) billing in PS. Our enterprise uses PS for the manufacturing and procurement process, but there is compelling business / statutory requirement to do delivery related billing.

Currently we call the materials in sales orders, then do sales order delivery and then delivery related billing. This leads discrepancies and necessitates duplication of data entry, once in project networks and then again in sales orders.

Looking for a solution to do project delivery and bill the materials referencing this delivery.

Muraleedharan.R

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have the similar issue in our organisation. We plan, procure all the material in PS. Also we need to do delivery from PS. But the billing conditions are maintained in SD depending on the customer order. If I go for delivery based billing in PS, it will do billing on actual cost. But that is not the case with us as we need to bill on sales value irrespective of actual costs. Is RRB helpful in this case???

Nikhil Bohra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts:

we have the same issue. Now we made testing with order based billing. the only missing link is the update of the quantity in the RG1 register. See enclosed documents - one is the way how it should be STD the other the way how we will do it . Does one of you follow the same solution way.

Hope to hear from you soon

br

Dieter Valentin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your prompt response.

I hope the picture is clear now.

The business requirement is:

1.There are hundreds of deliverables in the project each having individual billing value

2.We have specific billing requirements for each billing document involving advance adjustments (down payments), deferred debts (payments which due only after a specified time from the billing date) etc.

3.Billing needs to be linked to (read referenced) the deliveries from excise procedural angle (CIN)

Now,if the delivery is to be referenced in billing ,and if a very complex picing procedure involving lot of manual pricing conditions are involved, what shall we do?

Presently we are calling all the materials as sales order line items, assign the line items to WBS, do sales order delivery and then do delivery related billing. The process is fine, but involve duplication of data entry and lot of manual intervention which is quite un-SAP like.

My postings are against this back drop.

Regards

Muraleedharan.R

<do not enter tel no - removed by moderator>

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Muralidharan,

I am also facing same problem.

If you found the solution in this case could you please share with me.

Thanks & Regards,

Prasad.

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the delivery document type created in CNS0 is "LP" and you cannot use the delivery documents type "LP" for billing..This is std. SAP you cannot change anything.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We can do delivery related billing in case of project relevant delivery.

In Copy control we have to link the delivery document type(LP),Item Category DLP to billing document type(e.g F2) and have to maintain line item cat DLP.

So create a delivery note in CNSO and PGI in VL02N and bill the delivery no but in this case the price will pick from condition records(VK11) so you to maintain it correctly or you can also change the price while creating the invoice in VF01 directly but IT not recommended.

So you can skip the creation of sales order as you are duplicating the process or only create the billing from the sales order and dont link the LP with F2.

Muzamil

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your detail reply. The reply from SAP is absolutely right. In case of project delivery, sale order won't be linked & in the sale order document flow also, delivery details won't available.

Without referring sale order, project delivery of materials will happen & billing will take place accordingly wrt pricing procedure.

Can you update your exact requirements on this ?

Regards,

Rakesh Pradhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In case of delivery related billing pricing will be picked from billing document in the same way as picked in sale order billing.

Hope this will clarify you.

Regards,

Rakesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

SDHD,

My client is an Engineering and Construction Company and we want to use PS for Customer Projects.

How can we bill customers from PS - SD?Could you please explain me or forward documents to my email : rau.moder@gmail.com

Thanks,

Rau

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Billing after delivery of materials from Project is possible & standrad sap feature. There are two type of billing followed.

a) Order Related Billing: In this case billing will take place referring to sale order. One example is milestone related billing

b) Delivery related billing: Billing will take place referring to delivery documents only & sale order won't be referred. Most of the ETO scenario, there will be delivery of materials from project, then picking / packing / PGI. Referring to the delivery documents, there will be billing.

Hope this will clarify you. Please let us know if you need any other details.

Regards,

Rakesh Pradhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Billing on delivery of material Project functionality is available. You need to deliver the materials relevant for billing in transaction CNS0. Afterwards picking, packing & billing will take place.

Hope this will help you.

Regards.

Rakesh Pradhan