Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESS-MSS Security - roles

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I have few questions about ESS and MSS Security:

- Are structural authorizations (PD Profiles) required in SAP ECC system for ESS/MSS ? Or just regular roles thru PFCG transactions are enough in SAP ECC system for MSS Services and worksets ?

- Which is better way - to assign role directly to ESS user thru PFCG or directly assign on org unit- to a position?

- Is there any other function module besides RH_GET_MANAGER_ASSIGNMENT to get a list of employees under a manager ?

<removed_by_moderator>

Thanks,

Karan.

Edited by: Julius Bussche on Jan 24, 2008 6:22 AM

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

1 Structural Authorizations require any ABAP System with HR Data in it

2.You can assign eighter way ,position based security is preferable

3.As of my knowldge RH_GET_MANAGER_ASSIGNMENT only do that

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

<sdn_points_removed_by_moderator>

Edited by: Julius Bussche on Jan 24, 2008 6:24 AM

0 Kudos

Hi,

<removed_by_moderator>

<removed_by_moderator>..

<removed_by_moderator>

Thanks & regards

madhu

Edited by: Julius Bussche on Jan 11, 2008 9:56 AM

Note-to-self: Why am I still doing this if the email (a different one!) is already in the Business Card?

Second-note-to-self: Dont only remove the email address.

Edited by: Julius Bussche on Jan 24, 2008 6:24 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't see structural profile a MUST requirement for ESS. The most important is the P_PERNR auth object on your role. It reads the info type 105 of the user logged on.

For the regular users in ESS, I only gave P_PERNR and no P_ORGIN, P_ORIGINCON or P_ORGINXXCON on my roles. Preliminary testing in DEV was successful.

MSS will be a different story.

Sorry I am little late on this discussion, I hope you have got your question answered.

0 Kudos

John/Sanghamitra/Karan and other friends,

I am working on HR ESS/MSS project. For some business reasons, ESS component is handled through 3rd party software. I was reading lot of documentation on MSS and other resources. We are using Portal/AD setup with business package 60.1 and workflow in Federated Portal (Consumer/Producer Portal Environment)

I want to develop initial template of MSS Security role for atleeast one PCR on ECC side. I greatly appreciate if anyone can share some security documentation on Step-by-Step on MSS Security and other important steps to be taken care. I don't know how much extent of Structural Authorizations needs to be implemented for MSS Security.

I have spend lot of time in research and I am disappointed with my results because of inadequate advise and direction.

I am thankful if you can share some information in this areas.

Thanks

Kumar