cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST03N, How to retrieve an old statistics after server change with same SID?

0 Kudos

Hi all,

New server was installed with the same SID but with different HOST NAME replacing the old server. Now, ST03N transaction shows both new and old server nodes in the expert tree menu. But, in order for performance comparison, when I try to show the performance data of the old server at the days while it was running,

only a response of "No performance data is available" is returned.

Are there any way to display the old performance statistics of the old server?

Is any work such as exporting/importing old performance data necessary?

If so, how? Please advise.

Regards,

Harumi Shibata

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harumi,

I guess you did hardware migration. Frankly if done properly the two nodes- one for old server and one for new one should not come. Infact this data would be available under the new server only. Just select a date before hardware migration and do a check.

I just hope you have done all post migration steps correctly. Just check SM51 and see if it showing old server.Also ensute that system profiles for new server are imported in RZ04 as well.

Regards.

Ruchit

0 Kudos

Hi Ruchit,

Thanks for your comment. Reportedly, the new server was not built based on the SAP standard procedure of Homogeneous System Copy(SQL Server). Rather new ECC(640) was installed into new server, followed by manual detach/attach or export/import process of DB and related OS files from the old server. It might be missing some necessary work steps.

Except ST03N expert mode, old server name is not displayed after such as SM51 transaction.

BTW Operation mode is not active.

In the mean time, am I correct to understand your comment as follows;

- If the migration process was performed correctly based on the SAP standard procedure, the previous performance data which was generated for the old server should be available and accessible under the new server name?

Currently new server node in the expert menu displays only the dates and data after it became active. On the other hand, if I click old server name, it shows the dates until it was migrated to new server with the status message of "No data available".

Your comment on this would most appreciated.

Regards,

Harumi Shibata

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Harumi,

Sorry since this was system copy the old ST03/ST03N data is lost.

Check this OSS note 1069439. It mentions a table SWNCMONI.Dont know if it is of help.

Regards.

Ruchit.

0 Kudos

Hello Ruchit,

Thanks a lot for your most quick responses.

Regards,

Harumi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harumi,

I just hope it helps. However one thing I can confirm is that old ST03N data is lost after system copies. This is something which I checked with my own systems. ST03N shows data immediately after the system is started after system copy.

regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harumi and Ruchit Khushu,

Hope your issue already solved if not you can refer SAP Note : 1005238 and 1006116. In which SAP suggested few steps before and after migration or upgrade to get old days ST03n data.

Thanks

Deepak R Patil

Answers (0)