cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delta Extractor Is not picking changed values

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

When the values or texts in a PO are changed the delta extractor is picking up the changed values as deltas (provided the changes where done in PO <b>Header</b> or <b>Item Overview</b>) but when a PO values or text that are changed in the <b>Item Details</b> the delta mechanism is not picking up the changed values (the fields whose values are changed were initially not in the LO Cockpit Extractor they where added and the values to these fields are populated using an ABAP Program)

Is there a reason that Delta mechanism doesn't work for fields that are not delivered by the SAP Extractor or do we need to modify the code in order to collect these changed values by Delta Mechanism (Direct Delta as the Update Mode).

Please let me know if anybody came across the same problem .

Thank you all in advance.

Regards,

Dhanam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The fields that are being added to the Extractor are to 2LIS_02_ITM (not delivered in SAP delivered Extractor) and a custom code is written to bring in the values. But my query is when i try to change the values of these fields the extractor doesn't treat it as change in the PO and create a delta. In order to treat these fields as a part of Extractor Fields and treat the same way as the other fields like "PO Amount" where do i need to added these fields (Function Module where all the fields pertaining to that Particular Extractor exists).

Please let me know if you need more details.

Thank you all,

Dhanam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

are these fields customer fields? if not which standard fields?

what do you means by "a custom code is written to bring in the values"?

Is it as SAP exit? which one?

If not when is this "custom code is written to bring in the values" happening? I mean, does it happen after the commit of the changes in the PO?

let us know,

Olivier.

Message was edited by:

Olivier Cora

Former Member
0 Kudos

These are Customer Fields which are added in the PO.

The code is written in "EXIT_SAPLRSAP_001" Function module.

When a new PO is posted the delta extractor doesn't bring in any values to these fields (there are no values when you look in the Extractor Queue) but when the infopackage is exectued the values are drawn from the table. So the customer exit is executed and brings in the values to those fields when the info package is executed.

Is there are way or where do i need to added these fields such that when i create a PO these values are also seen in the Delta Extractor Queue.

Hope this helps,

Thanks

Dhanam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the exit happens too late; the delta records are posted to the delta queue; your customer exit will happen when BW extracts those delta records...

Technically, and logically, if the field is not populated when a user changes a PO, how could it be captured by the delta? The fields aren't changed since they are always empty, delta on this field doesn't exists...

I can't understand your last question; is the field entered when creating / saving the PO? I mean, do you have something in EKPO-YOURFIELD for a particular PO?

let us know...

Olivier.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes you are perfectly right. The deltas doesn't have values to these fields when a PO is saved and customer exit brings in values only when the BW extracts those delta records.

So my question "How can i make the values in these fields to be populated when a PO is saved rather than bringing the values for these fields when BW extracts delta records ?"

Hope this is more clear.

Thanks,

Dhanamjaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

this is another story.....

You'll have to

- enhance the PO items table (EKPO) with your fields

- activate the right customer exit for purchase orders (search in SMOD; or in this forum..) and populate your fields during this exit. if the field needs to be maintainable by the R3 user, you'll have find a SAP exit (again SMOD) in order customize one of the screen and populate your fields in R3.

- use another exit to populate the new fields to LO delta queue

- enhance your BW extract structure (done)

- and so on...

As you can imagine, the above get quite more complicated (an expert in MM shall support you) and it needs to be approved by the PM since you'll modify R3.

But that's basically it!

hope this helps...

Olivier.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dhanamjaya,

Did you find a solution to this problem?

We are currently experiencing the same problem, and we are not sure what to do!!

Any help would be highly appreciated!

BR,

Linda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

PO header and PO item have two different standard extractors in LO

Check the extractor for PO item and see the results....

Regards

N Ganesh