Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Pulling/Extracting Data from Multiple SAP Systems - Scripting, ABAP?

Hello All,

I am working as an analyst for a large company that has multiple SAP installations across the world. What I am trying to do is create some global reporting metrics based on data from all of those systems on an ad-hoc basis without having the other units send the data to a central repository. I can receive access to all of the systems but I am unsure how to pull the data. The access to one of the systems I have currently does not allow the use of ABAP or RFC but does allow scripting. If I have a good business case I could ask for ABAP access and RFC as well.

I have researched and read through many posts and articles within the forums but I am yet to find a solution. I have experience in VB, VBA, and MS Access.

Can anyone suggest any ways to move forward?

Thanks!

Former Member
Former Member replied

According to my understanding, you may use vba in your excel or a just vb by programming against rfcsdk(librfc32.dll) or the newly nwrfcsdk, or use jco or nco..., but all these method are based on rfc function call.

You may write a simple abap side data extraction agent, just a function select some table with the data you interest, and then call this function from outside regularly, then you may save the returned table to a csv then bcp to sqlserver(c + batch), or just write to excel sheets(vba).

The simple table read function you may check RFC_READ_TABLE, but it has some limits and are not released. The more functional agent is also can be found from other vendors, eg ms sqlserver2005 kit`s sap adapter...

I do not have idoc or services experience, maybe in that senerio you will find a easier solution.Good luck, you may reach me at <b><REMOVED BY MODERATOR></b>

Message was edited by:

Alvaro Tejada Galindo

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question