cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pulling/Extracting Data from Multiple SAP Systems - Scripting, ABAP?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am working as an analyst for a large company that has multiple SAP installations across the world. What I am trying to do is create some global reporting metrics based on data from all of those systems on an ad-hoc basis without having the other units send the data to a central repository. I can receive access to all of the systems but I am unsure how to pull the data. The access to one of the systems I have currently does not allow the use of ABAP or RFC but does allow scripting. If I have a good business case I could ask for ABAP access and RFC as well.

I have researched and read through many posts and articles within the forums but I am yet to find a solution. I have experience in VB, VBA, and MS Access.

Can anyone suggest any ways to move forward?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

According to my understanding, you may use vba in your excel or a just vb by programming against rfcsdk(librfc32.dll) or the newly nwrfcsdk, or use jco or nco..., but all these method are based on rfc function call.

You may write a simple abap side data extraction agent, just a function select some table with the data you interest, and then call this function from outside regularly, then you may save the returned table to a csv then bcp to sqlserver(c + batch), or just write to excel sheets(vba).

The simple table read function you may check RFC_READ_TABLE, but it has some limits and are not released. The more functional agent is also can be found from other vendors, eg ms sqlserver2005 kit`s sap adapter...

I do not have idoc or services experience, maybe in that senerio you will find a easier solution.Good luck, you may reach me at <b><REMOVED BY MODERATOR></b>

Message was edited by:

Alvaro Tejada Galindo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again,

Message was edited by:

emil jakupovic

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again,

What is the possibility of accomplishing this by using BEx features such as Query Designer and Report Designer. Would I need to use these utilities first to develop the report and then call the report using my vb programming?

Also, automation is another option I am willing to consider. What would be the ideal approach given I am struggling against time to develop this report and have to collaborate with people outside of the country.

Thanks and regards,

Emil Jakupovic