cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

automate "Read pp master data " in Co02 using a custom report

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I am having a situation where we need to automatically update the production orders by running the function "Read PP Master data" in tcode Co02.

I have a custom report that gives a list of production orders. Now when the user selects the production orders and clicks on a push button, "read PP master data" in Co02 needs to be performed.

Please let me know if there is a FM or BAPI that i could use in my custom report for the above functionality.

Thanks,

manasa

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I do not think any FM or BAPI is avaialble.

any way ypou have custom programe.

Include this also in that programe to run automatically to "Read PP master Data".

This is feasible solution.

Regards

YMREDDY

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We too have a similar situation.

In one of our .Net base product, we have to retreive Production Order details of a specific Order Number using .net connector and BAPIs. Our search for a BAPI that can provide this information did not yield any results.

Does any know if there is a BAPI that can return the Production Order details? or, Can confirm for sure that a BAPI does not exist?

I am also surprised at the BAPIs available for Production Order. Getting order details seems a rather basic functionality and one would expect it to be there. I wonder why SAP does not provide it, while it has BAPIs for creating order and other opertaions. Did they miss out on this fundamental api? or has it been provided through a different BAPI?

We would prefer the BAPI route as it is simpler and eliminates a lot of the process involved in getting the ABAP code (custom function module) to be moved into production. Writing custom function module to retreive the details is our very last option.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I could not find any BAPIS. I was reluctant to use BDC but i finally ended up using it.

Thanks,

manasa

l_vanthillo
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Manasa

a reread of masterdata in pp orders can be achieved via BAPI_PRODORD_CHANGE:

table :

ORDERDATA

- EXPLOSION_DATE

- EXPLODE_NEW

ORDERDATAX

- EXPLOSION_DATE

I only have the issue that the BOM and the Routing are both updated by the BAPI.

In principle I would prefer ( like in the CO02 transaction) that we got the option to select an reread of the BOM only

kind regards

Luc

Edited by: L. van THILLO on Sep 27, 2010 7:33 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manasa,

Not sure but, check this bapi :

BAPI_PRODORD_GET_DETAIL ( Detailed Data for Production Order Conf )

or search for BAPI_PRODORD*

Hope this helps,

Erwan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the replies guys.

Reddy,

<u><i>Include this also in that programe to run automatically to "Read PP master Data".</i></u>

I did not get you properly, when you said the above line, actually this is what i am trying to figure out as how to include this in my program.(using FMs or BAPIs).

i have debugged the standard sap code it is too complex to just add it in my custom program.....

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

manasa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Erwan,

I looked at the bapis, looks like there is no standard bapi for this functionality.

Plesae let me know if you have any other suggestions.

Thanks,

manasa