cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One check for several vendors

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus: I am trying to create one payment for several vendors. I tried F-58 and it works fine. I also created a unique payment method to map to a specific account. The business requirement is "How can we pay one check to American Express" for several invoices from several vendors". So I added American Express as an alternative payee to each of the vendors. All works fine except that the client wants the record on the FCHX file that is sent to the bank as well as one check for that vendor. FCHX means that we would need to use F110 & not F-58. However in F110 I cannot group several vendors to be paid by one payee...correct?

Any help with be GREATLY Appreciated!

thanks

Brian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again,

Thanks for the feedback.

I assume there are probably workarounds for check printouts - such as transaction F-58. The downside being that we would like to have automatic selection of the items to pay, if possible. F-53 and F-58 requires that the user manually can select the items to pay, and there might be many items in such a payment.

But I think a bigger problem is the payments that are not check payments (for example domestic transfer payments). For those we issue DME files (no form printouts) that are transferred to the bank. I am not aware of any other possibility than F110 to generate those files - and in F110 the payments cannot be created per payee? Or do you know any available options?

Thanks,

/Michael

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brian Daniells,

It is normally we can do through F-53

While doing the transaction you select other accounts check box beside the vendor field there new page will come there you have to give the other vendor codes.

Ofter payment you assign one check through FCH5.system will ask the check holder name particularlly there u give whichever vendor name u want...

May be this information is useful to you

Regards

Surya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm afraid I don't have an answer but I'd like to highlight the question/thread since we have the same issue.

We have several cases of invoice documents that needs to be posted to different vendors, because we need to report the Accounts Payable on the different vendors' VAT numbers for legal purposes. The payments for several documents might, however, be going to the same payee. I.e. we might have ten invoices booked on ten different vendors but with only one payee.

We are using the alternative payee/permitted payee functionality but the problem is that F110 generates one payment document per vendor. We would like to have one document per payee. This is possible in F-53 or F-58 (where I can manually select several vendors in the same clearing) but we need to use F110 since we are generating both check printouts and DMEE files for these payments. The bank charges us a fee for each payment, so in the example mentioned they would charge us ten fees instead of one. So it is very costly if this cannot be solved.

Any suggestions? The setting mentioned previously in this thread does not help.

Many thanks in advance for your input!

/Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since you have maintained AMEX as the Alternate Payee in vendor accounts this can be possible if the payment method has <b>Indicator: One Payment per Item?</b> <b>NOT</b> checked in OBVU.

Thanks

VK

Former Member
0 Kudos

VK,

the payment method is not checked to pay single items. Any other ideas?

thanks

Brian