cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Variable Value Default for single user

Former Member
0 Kudos

Friends,

I have a query in BI 7.0 that uses variable 0I_CMNTH right out of the box for calendar year/month. The query works fine for me.

I have a user that runs the query and the variable comes up filled in with some values. When I run it, it comes up blank.

If the user (and it is only one user) changes the values that come up, the system ignores the changes and uses the values that were defaulted in.

There is no personalization turned on for this variable.

The above all happens in the 7.0 version of BEx Web. If this user uses RSRT to run the query inside the gui, it does not get the default values. Similarly, if the user uses RSRT and executes through the ABAP web (3.5 version) the values do not come in. If he uses the Java web option of RSRT the values come in and overwriting them does not change the results of the query.

This seems very strange because it is tied to a single user. The user has the same security that I have (SAP ALL for now) so I can take that out of the mix.

Has anyone had any experience with this? I tried changing the reset variable option in the default template, that did not seem to make a difference.

Any help will be rewarded with points.

Regards,

Kevin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This might be something in the buffer of the portal, as it seems within BW it seems to run fine (RSRT). There would be a way to refresh the portal buffer (or in the worst case restart it). Have you already tried that?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kevin,

I have seen variables creating problems on the portal Vs RSRT execution. Plesae take a look at the SAP note - 1003344.

-Saket

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

FYI, support pack 15 corrected this problem. There are several issues with variables that are corrected by the SP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Restarting Java is a good idea. I will have basis do that and see if it helps.

The referenced note is already applied. We are on KW70013 already.

I went so far as to delete the query and recreate it. The problem persists. I am afraid I will have to submit this to OSS, but since I can't recreate it, I don't know what to tell them.