cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem with fixedlenthgs in receiver file adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I am doing XML to flat file scenario and using mutli mapping concept without BPM.

in the receiver file adapter I am using FCC with fixedlengths,then it generated just 3 output files out of nearly 100 source files.the errored one are succcessful in the SXMB_MONI and failing in RWB-->Message moni with waiting status and MDT says that XI_J2EE_ADAPTER_FILE ,Error Code PROCESSING_ERROR .

i tried in SDN and then found something like enable the disablesecurity check box in variable substitution parameters ,then I got 4 files out.

these are my FCC params for all structures:

struc1.fieldFixedLengths

struc1.fixedLengthTooShortHandling

struc1.endSeparator

and I tried with fieldSeparator then it gives successfully all output files.

so,where is the problem?I didnt understand?

any suggestion.

thank you,

regards,

Babu Sri

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If it works with FieldSeparator and not with fieldFixedLengths then the issue is that the number of values in the output XML do not match with the number of fixedfieldLength entires in the file adapter.

If there are N entries for FieldFixedLenghts then you need to have N fields in the output XML ( even a blank field is fine).

Are you doing this?

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhavesh,

I felt the same way,but assumed that ,in that way fixedlenghths wont work.

in my target structure most of the fields have 0-1 occurences ,and even in the source structure too.so,I think it might be the reason.Then I have to make all my about 60fields 1-1 madatory and using mapWithDefaultValue function, as my sources are optional.

you think it will work just using the "mapWithDefaultValue" function without changing my occurences to 1-1 in the target structure(mandatory)?infact I can try but ,cos of pain for changing like 60 fields....:) and even dont know which fields are causing the problem,so that we can apply "mapWithDefaultValue" function only on those fields.

thank you,

Babu Sri

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yep, Irrespective of 0..1 or 1..1 use MAPWITHDEFAULT as this way the fields are created in the output XML ( as empty tags) .

Now check if the content conversion works.!

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

no luck Bhavesh,

I used "MAPWITHDEFAULT" for all the fields,but just used didn't enter even a space.I dont think this will effect to get creation of the fields for FCC fixedlengths.

and this time it doesnt create even a single output file(earlier 3 or 4 files got created).

and sitting in mDT with WAITING status and same PROCESSING_ERROR in J2EE_FILE .

I think,this is far from FCC fixedlengths.may be need of FILE adapter service in VA or J2EE restart,

what do you feel.

thank you,

Babu Sri

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you have a QOS of EOIO?

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

no,its EO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I found out the problem(silly one).I am missing one field while mentioning the fixedlenghths in FCC params.

I have like 15 fields in my header node but I mentioned 14 (10,10,....10 like 14)

now I changed that to 15 times,it works now.

I am always scared of FCC in the file adapter ,cos they are very sensitive.

you belive or not ,once I spent like a day to find out that I mispelled my FCC parameter (fieldSeperator instead of fieldSeparator)and corrected it to make my scenario working.

anyways,thank you all.

regards,

Babu Sri.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> you belive or not ,once I spent like a day to find

> out that I mispelled my FCC parameter (fieldSeperator

> instead of fieldSeparator)and corrected it to make my

> scenario working.

Everyone does this . Been there -Done that

Bhavesh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

you can use the following parameters in the receiver FCC.

childnodename.fieldFixedLength:10,10

childnodename.endSeparator:'nl'

parentnodename.endSeparator:'nl'

Thanks

Rinku

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

just use struc1.fieldFixedLengths and try

ofcourse you will need FCC parameters for other nodes too

Thanx

Aamir