cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help needed for Alerts

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi experts,

urgent help required. I have configured alerts and alert category and they are working fine. Now in my alert category i want to send url of the message monitoring like

http://<b>developmentserver:port</b>/rwb_mdt/index.jsp?objectName=name=is.01.ssnd026,type=XIServerEn...;

1) if i am hard coding it, and getting email at that time it is not giving me message guid but instade of that it is giving me the same above url.

2) i dont want to hardcode this url in development server it should take development server hostname, in QA it should take QA host name and port and in Production it should take info of production server.

How to do that? Please help me out in this. If any other information is required then let me know.

Thanx in advance.

Regards,

HS

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

By default the URL is a part of the Follow Up activities Tab. you need not do anything for this.

XI itself creates this URL and you can see this URL in the FOLLOW UP Activities Tab in Alert Inbox.

this will also be a part of the Alert Email triggered.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi bhavesh,

i have seen this line in help.sap.com.

But as i hv tried to execute the fm : SALERT_CREATE

i got email, but didn't get link in that.

After that i hv added the above url in Optional subsequent activities.

Then m getting that url in mail as it is as i hv typed.

So what to do?

any idea?

Regards,

hetal

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When using the FM SALERTCREATE it has to be an manually populated.

I thought you were dealing with Alerts triggered by the XI alert framework.

One option though would be for you to use a Value Map or Fix Mapping in XI where you store the URL for each environment and then read this in the mapping and populate it againt the SALERT_CREATE function module.

regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

you are right bhavesh.

I am using XI alert frame work only.

This function module i am just using to check the alerts.

Please correct me if i am wrong but Sussequent activities are same as FOLLOW UP Activities????

As you have told me that it should come automatically, i will try to trigger alerts by XI alert framework. If then also it will not work, i will let you know.

Thankx and regards,

HS

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yep both are the same.

If you are working on the Alerts triggered by XI automatically, then you need not worry about the URL. XI will create the URL dynamically.

If you are using the FM - SalerCreate then you need to create the URL manually.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Bhavesh,

I am sorry but now the requirement is changed. Now i want to trigger alert from the FM SALERT_CREATE only.

But i didnt get you that how i can do value mapping or fix mapping for this function module?

What and where i need to do this?

regards,

HS

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Let me understand the requirement?

You want to use the FM SALERTCREATE t trigger the alert.

To do this you need to determine the URL dynamically.

The only part of the URL that changes across environments is the Server Name and Port.

My suggestion is that if you know the ServerNames and ports in advance set these values as a part of FixValues in the mapping in IR.

If you would not know them in Advance., set this as value mapping ( Key - Value ) , set it in ID , and read them in the mapping in IR.

If what I have typed makes no sense, try to read up on the value mapping blogs in SDN and then it should help!

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi bhavesh,

sorry was not able to reply immediatly.

Let me tell you the full scenario.

My interface is synchronous interface. Now here data is going from SAP to Oracle database,

If Oracle is not sending response then i want to raise alert.

In my mapping i am calling this RFC, SALERT_CREATE, in Look ups.

Now internally when this RFC will be called it will generate the alert and send it. At this time i want that URL dynamically generated.

You can say that in this message Server name, Port number and Message ID are dynamic.

Server name will be as per the system, like for dev it will be SAPXIDEV, for PRD it will be something like SAPXIPRD. Those names i am aware. So now you tell me how to handle it...Still whatever solution you have told me will be applicable to it?

Please reply me bcz i have to transport this scenario in production within 2 days.

Thankx.

Regards,

HS

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well exactly what my reply above is trying to help you on. Setting URL dynamically~ you would need to use Value Mapping and access it in the Runtime and this way it is Dynamic.

Until you do not understand ValueMapping and how it is linked to IR and ID and how ID objects can be changed across environments and IR cannot be, it will be difficult to grasp the solution.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

i don't think its possible to give dynamic host name in alert text.

please have a look at the below link,you can use those variables which are defined in this link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/d0/d4b54020c6792ae10000000a155106/content.htm