Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display Variants in ALV List display.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have to change the layout of a existing report. This report already has a variant. I want to change that variant. Please let me know how to change a variant and transporting this.

Thanks in advance,

Thanks

Sampath.

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sampath,

Just login to Production System, change the variant and save it.

We dont need to transport.

Ali

0 Kudos

This is spool list I need to change the layout. I want to know how to define a variant.

0 Kudos

Sampath,

If the report has already been run and the data is already in the spool, then it is too late. You can't change the layout of the spool output.

Only possible way is to write another ABAP program, read the spool, parse the data and bring it back into an internal table and output it in a different format.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sampath,

First change the variant with new values and save it.

Go to SE38 and give the program name and click on the variants radiobutton and then click on change button give the variant name.

then click on the Utilities menu ---> Transport Request and then give the variant name for the appropriate program name and then execute. Then select the checkbox in the pop up and click on the continue button, and then it will ask the transport request. save the transport and release it.

Hope it helps,

Reward if useful.

Thanks,

Srinivas

0 Kudos

Hi Srinvas,

This is not a selection-screen variant. I did as you said, but it was displaying the selection-screen variants. I want to change the layout of my list. This program has a variant and when i comment this variant it displaying all columns and when I uncomment a variant then it displaying only required columns.

Thanks,

Sampath

0 Kudos

After executing the report in application tool bar click on button Save layout or Cltr+10 then save your layout.

If this is not working then make some changes in REUSE_ALV_GRID_DISPLAY.

in i_save

'X' = Standard save mode

Display variants can be saved as standard display variants.

Saving display variants as user-specific is not possible.

'U' = User-specific save mode

Display variants can only be saved as user-specific.

'A' = Standard and user-specific save mode

Display variants can be saved both as user-specific and as standard

variants. Users make their choice on the dialog box for saving the

display variant.

Hopes this helps you.

Ali