cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SM35 - Export Batch Input Logs to External File (local)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would like to export batch input logs to local files (from transaction SM35), but SAP does not seem to offer this option. This would allow for us to identify all errors by downloading, sorting, and displaying only the errors for which we cannot load data. Otherwise we have to scroll through the output log and identify each error which occurred and the reason for the error. Is there a quicker way to do this?

Thanks,

Matt Potts

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member

Hello Matthew,

I think that this report is exactly what you need: /SAPDMC/SAP_LSMW_BI_ANALYSIS

Run it from SE38

Hope that helps you dude!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Federico,

I appreciate the info. I know I am getting a little bit greedy - the program /SAPDMC/SAP_LSMW_BI_ANALYSIS does identify the lines within batch input which had errors, but it does not identify what the actual error was.

I was thinking more along the lines of the logs or messages associated with the batch input session after the run (not the actual data). Do you know anything about this?

Thanks,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Matthew,

Have you found the answer for your question?

I am interested in it as well.

Thank you,

Artashes

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use the combination of two methods:

1.http://www.sap-exp.com/logofsession.html

2. /SAPDMC/SAP_LSMW_BI_ANALYSIS

Former Member

Hi,

Am a rare visitor to this site. Am replying for the first time. I didn't find option to enclose attachment, hence mentioned the steps below:

I was looking out for similar solution today, I found an answer and thought of sharing with you even though it's a long pending task.

Step 1: Goto sm35

Step 2: Click on log

Step 3: From "Log Overview" tab, select the row(job) for which you would like to view the log

Step 4: Click on the "Print" icon - You'll get log overview

Step 5: Follow this: LIST --> EXPORT --> Local File(Define the name of file and destination)

Thanks,

Sree

Former Member
0 Kudos

This was helpful as I was looking for an answer to this same problem. Post by HR1234 was especially helpful. Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

good solution

thank u

indraneel_dasbarua
Participant

Se38 -> /SAPDMC/SAP_LSMW_BI_ANALYSIS -> select required field (Pernr) for HR --> get list of rejected pernrs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The best way I feel is go to SM35 select which ever tab you want to download.

Then SM35 -> Session -> Print List -> Export

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hellow Matthew,

you could use tcode sp11. There choose in fields:

1. "TemSe object name" value BDCLG*

2. "Creation time" the day in which the batch was executed.

Then click on "List object" select line (choose by time), aftert it click on button "Contents" You receive logs in list (if list is longer than 100 lines - use button "Number od Lines" set new value, go back and display it again) which you can save do local file from menu: System -> List -> Save -> Local file.

In third column last 3 signs contains type of message (E - error) and class of message which you could find in tcode se91. In fourth collumn first 3 signs means the lenght of the retrived value, next 3 are the number of message in tcode se91.

I hope it would be helpful,

Regards

Piotr

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP-EXP link is not valid now. You can find the steps in this link instead.

http://erphelpdesks.com/how-to-export-batch-input-session-log-sap.html

Hope this help.