cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exit BSP / Launch new transaction

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

We have a custom BSP in the opportunity transaction on our Portal. This BSP basically has a table that displays subordinate transactions associated with the transaction we are in. We are trying to allow the user to navigate to those subordinate transactions via a hyperlink. We want the current transaction to navigate to the subordinate transaction. For example, assume I am in transaction 1 and the BSP displays a link to the sub-transaction, 2.

Using the CL_BSP_NAVIGATION class allows me to navigate to the sub-transaction but only in the BSP page. So basically, I'm in transaction 1, and the bsp tabstrip displays transaction 2. This is wrong. I want to completely exit transaction 1 and go to transaction 2 when the link is hit. Does this make sense?

How can I do this? Standard functionality allows navigation but since we are using a custom BSP with HTML code, I can't use the standard BOR.

Thanks,

Chris

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's opening in the new tabstrip. It's a custom BSP that was developed here to be part of the opportunity. It sits alongside the other standard tabstrips.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

This doesn't work the way I need it to. My custom BSP is a tabstrip on the opportunity. So, if I use the solution it does exit but only the tabstrip is exited. Meaning, if I use www.SAP.com as the URL per the solution, the opportunity is still open but the tabstrip navigates from my custom BSP to www.sap.com. I want to leave the opportunity entirely and go to another transaction. Not launch a transaction in the BSP tabstrip.

raja_thangamani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In this case, www.sap.com is opening in completely out of BSP window or in Tabstrip?

Raja T

raja_thangamani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Look at this link..It will solve your issue:

<i>*Reward each useful answer</i>

Raja T

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes. The URL example you gave as an example closes the window that opens. Not the one I'm in. So, what I need to do, is have a button on the BSP. When the user clicks on it, it will kick open a new window while at the same time closing the window I am in when I click the button. So, I figure when the button is hit, it will trigger an event which I will check in the "OnInputProcessing" event. I will set a flag via some variable I define in ABAP. Then, when the page refreshes, I will use the java code to close the window. However, I will need the JAVA code to check the flag I have set. So, I will need to be able to import the variable into the JAVA part of the page to check if it's set or not. If it's set, I close the window. If not, I do nothing.

Does this make sense?

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you know how to pass parameters in the BSP from ABAP to JAVA?

For example, say I have a button on the BSP. If the user presses it in the "OnInputProcessing" event, I would set a flag in the ABAP code. If I have the page refreshing after each request, I want to be able to import the flag I have set into the JAVA code to close the window. How can I do this? There has to be a way to import the flag into the JAVA code.

Chris

raja_thangamani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is it related to your original question?

Raja T

raja_thangamani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Or you can use exit url option.

Look at below links..

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005/helpdata/en/1b/f9b53a364e0e5fe10000000a11405a/frameset.htm

<i>*Reward each useful answer</i>

Raja T

raja_thangamani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you use <i>navigation->goto_page( url ).</i> to navigate?

Raja T