cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R/3 Upgrade from 4.7 to ECC 6.0 - XI Impact

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Right now we have R/3 version 4.7 and XI version 3.0.

We are going for R/3 upgrade project from 4.7 to ECC 6.0 and no upgrade for XI.

We have XI issues very frequently and every time we have new issues. The issues will be like - Interfaces will have the status TO BE DELIVERED in RWB. This issue is because of several reasons like Queues are filled, one of the interfaces is taking too long to run and whatever job falls into this queue will have the same status, some DELETION job( deletes XML messages ) which is supposed to run for 15 secs takes 36000 secs to finish etc.

Considering similar issues like the above what will be the impact on XI with R/3 upgrade from 4.7 to ECC 6.0?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

nisarkhan_n
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Inetrfacess in XI should nt get any impact in performance because of the r/3 upgrade as long as you have maintained the configuration fine.......

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Can you please let me know if for configuring the scenario through XI ,will be there be some XI add-on implemented on SAP 4.7 side .

Thanks in advance

Manoj

former_member431549
Contributor
0 Kudos

We upgraded from 4.6c to ECC 6 about 10 months ago, without upgrading XI, and we did not have any real issues.

Only thing we had to do was delete idoc meta-data in XI using t-code IDX2, so that new idoc meta-data would be pulled down from ECC 6. Not sure why we had to do this manually, but we were getting errors on idocs from ECC to XI until we did this.

No other issues.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are also upgrading from 4.7 to ECC 6.0 without upgrading XI. We are using IDOCS and RFCs connections only, mostly IDOCs.

1. What was your testing strategy? e.g. - creating a new machine of XI and connecting it to ECC6 for testing interfaces or

connecting the old xi system (dev) to new ECC 6 while maintaining the connection with 4.7 at the same time.

2. What challenges did you face?

3. What was your SLD strategy?

4. Do you have any suggestions for me? If you have any document you can share, please send me at gumesh11@hotmail.com.

Thanks in advance!