cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMS FACILITY IN SAP B1 2005 B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have some urgent queries to be solved. So, please do help me in solving the below mentioned queries:

1) Do we have the SMS sending facility in SAP B1 2005 B version?

2) Is it possible to automatically generate and increment the codes in Business Partner / Item Master Records, like document no. is automatically incremented and shown as soon as we add a previous document?

Please mention if there is any special addon or package that is to be used for availing the SMS facility in 2005 B. Also mention if there is any query that is to be used for automatic code generation (By using Formatted search)

Thanks & Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vikram,

For the Business Partner Master Codes, are you planning to use just numbers or an Alpha numeric combination like C100, C101, etc.

Because, if you just going to use numbers then the query would be different than if you use Alpha numeric.

Suda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Suda,

I want to use the alphanumeric codes. Please specify the query and the field that is to be used for Automatic incrementation of the master codes

Thanks & Regards,

former_member193355
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Vikram,

I read in what's new in SAP B1 2007 that sms functionality where you could send sms directly from SAP B1 only available in 2007 version and in israel localisation.

Rgds,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Do you want the SMS facility to behave like an add-on for SBO? Then little bit of programming is with SDK is required. I suggest you keep it outside of SBO and you can do a lot of stuff. A simple program in .net or VBscript will do the thing for you. For sending the SMS you may need a SMS gateway. You can get in touch with www.cnpl.co.in (If you are in India). They may do it for you

2. Here's a sample FS for your query. (This solution could be found from some earliest posts in this forum)

SELECT CASE WHEN $[OCRD.CardCode] < '0' THEN max(CONVERT(integer,T0.CardCode)) + 1 ELSE $[OCRD.CardCode] END

FROM OCRD T0

WHERE T0.CardType = $[OCRD.CardType]

sriram

john_treweeks
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

The SMS functionality in SAP B1 is much like the printing functionality or the email functionality. B1 will create the packets and pass it on to the print server or the email server.. or in this case the SMS server. You will therefore require an SMS server. If you do not have this or wish to look at other ways of performing SMS, perhaps i can suggest a website - www.m-science.com - These guys treat SMS as an email, so you would email mobile_number@domainname.com eg 07813458273@toongar.com. Check them out and perhaps ask them the question of how to handle it. they have a number of solutions and we use them.

As for incrementing the Business partner code. Yes this can be done through formatted search. You will have to think about whether it is a Customer, Lead or Supplier. Perhaps fire the formatted search on the business partner type, truncating the C, L, or S and looking at the last number + 1. This should work. Have a go at a query, and post it back in this forum if you are having trouble and we can help you with the syntax. But please have a go first.

Also when using the forum, please kindly post one question per post.

Thanks

John Treweeks