Building the levels
After creating the summarization levels in controlling and having the status being <b>"active without data"</b> how would I <b>build the levels</b> and import data into the summarization levels for the status to be <b>"active"</b>? Step by step instructions would be of great help.
This is the some infirmation about Summarization of COPA.i thnk it may helps you
COPA summarization levels are defined to optimize the system performance. The uses which I could understand are as follows
1) You must have defined characteristics required in COPA reporting. Now u can summarize COPA reports at a particular characteristic level - System sums up the value fields and populates considers the summarized values at level chosesn for summarization
2) When u do create planning layouts - here u define layouts whereve u enter plan values for sales qty, values, costs etc at ind product level or at product hierarchy level. If u plan at hierarchy level u must hv defined the basis of distribution. This takes care of detailed planning. Now if u wish to transfer COPA sales plan values to SOP - u can either transfer at product level or total level. Here u can define separate summarization level so that system consdiers the plan values and posts to SOP
3) Similarly u can do this for cost center assessments too
4) Before u do summarization levels u need to execute programme RKETRERU in SE38. On running this programme the user defined levels are considered for summarization
Its an optional choice - depending on the number of products, complexity of planning, and other factors
In CO-PA, the system collects all the data at the line item level. This can lead to a huge amount of data within a very short time of operations. Consequently, you may experience huge runtime when running a report which displays data summarized to a high degree but has to read the entire dataset.
In order to improve runtimes, it is necessary to reduce the volume of data which has to be read online. This can be achieved by creating summarized versions of the dataset. The data can be summarized as -
1. First decide the summarized levels
2. Fill the summarization levels with data
3. Update the levels with new line items.
Mostly at summarized level, periodic update of data happens
Hope this helps you