cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exception: dispatcher.forwardException

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have done some enhancements to xMAM3.0_ECLIPSE application. I have compiled this application with jdk1.4.2_08 with precompiled jsp option. Application was deployed to PDA having CrEme327a_AX_CE50_PPC_minimal.CAB. My application is running fine except while creating notification and order it has to go to the details page, there it was giving an exception

Internal Servlet Error:

javax.servlet.forwardException:cannot find message associated with key:

dispatcher.forwardException at org.apache.tomcat.facade.RequestDispatcherImpl.doForward() at

org.apache.tomcat.facade.RequestDispatcherImpl.Forward() at.....................

................................................................................................................

But when I replace the files notification_0005fdetail.class and order_0005fdetail.class it was working fine. I have not done any changes to these JSP files, both standard files and custom files having same code.

But why it was worked when replaced these custom files with standard files. Is this because I am compiling it with J2SDK1.4.2_08 (or) JDK1.3.

Can any body please tell me wich jdk version I have to use for compilation.

As per my knowledge Creme3.27a is of JDK1.1 compability. I have downloaded the jdk1.1, but could not set the path in NWDS, because it not gave me tools.jar file.

Please resolve this error...

Regards,

Murthy.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murthy,

well, it seems your setup of NWDS is not totally correct. The settings in the MDK plugin are relevant and there is one thing I do not understand in your answer - you say that the JSP files are removed from the folder and then these are converted to class files after the first run.

This should not happen. Your JSP files should stay as they are - well, with a comile run you do not delete the JAVA files in comparison, they are compiled and savewd in a new position.

Whatr is the structure of your directory after the import of the project?

It should be, that you have an app-root folder. In there you find the subfolders with the JSPs and another folder named WEB-INF. It is correct that after a compile run the JSPs are compiled and copied to the folder you mentioned. In the WAR file the JSP is then not longer relevant. So in the WAR file you miss the JSPs, but the file sis still in the ECLIPSE folder?

This is the part I do not understand.

If you say the WAR file runs fine on PC and does not on PPC. Is it the same file? What version of MAM are you using? You can use the PPC Version on PC, but not vice versa - because of the UI at least.

So if you use the PPC version, compile it and install it to the PC, it is working fine and if you take the same WAR file and use it on the PDA it is not working? Have you compiled it with JDK1.1.8 and are there any errors?

By the way: once you have a running MI and the MAM is working fine there - it is not necessary to completely go the complete way via the WebConsole to install a new Version. The fastest way is to copy the WAR file directly to the WEBAPPS folder of your MI, rename the existing folder of the APP and then restart MI. The folder is created again and then MAM is available in the new version. Extremely nice for development. You could even delete the old folder, but I prefer to rename it, so you can always go back to the last working version if this copied version has an error.

Hope you can do a step forward. If not, you can send me a mail, perhaps we can fix it with Remotedesktop.

Regards,

Oliver

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murthy,

first a reply to your JDK1.1.8 problem: if you install JDK1.1.8 on your PC, then you can take this one as the standard compiler, but you still take the Tools.jar from 1.3 or 1.4 version. This normally works fine. Be aware, that you can not debug in 1.1.8. But your problem normally does not have to to with this.

The JSP handling for MAM exists at least of 3 files. The JSP itself, the .view file where you define the messages/appFlow and the .java Action controller with your actual coding. If I see your error message and look into your explanation: It seems that your event is either not handeled by the view file or by the controller. Have you pointed to the super class in both cases, so the existing handlers are used as well? And while you have changed the logic, have you really no missspelling and the action is handeled in all three files?

Inside the JSP you define the event with something like:

createAction.do?event=onCreate&...

so in the Vie whandler you have something like

and in the Action controller you have a function starting something like

public Forward onLoad(Forwards forwards) {

Ok, there are a lot of things that could go wrong here, but look into this, normally you will find the problem there. And if you have used the wrong syntax, as I said, just use the 1.1.8 JDK with the 1.3 tools jar, this will point you to the error.

And even if you say the pages are the same, I think you have changed something there.

One explanation for the tools.jar and that area:

You can precompile the JSP files and you have the option to not delete the JSP generated code. Have a look inside that generated $JSP folder. Is the file ok? Well, the funny thing there is: once a file is generated, it will not be generated again necessarily, even after a change. So you need to delete the $JSP folder to be sure to have the correct version. On the other hand this is a good test if anything with your coding or with the compiler is wrong. The TOOLS.jar generate this $JSP fólder. From there you use the JDK to compile the finished version. So the JDK comes after the TOOLS.jar and this is the reasin why you easily can use a newer version of the TOOLS.jar file.

Another good test if your coding is really ok will be, to first compile the .WAR file but not delete the generated $JSP folder. Then do the copy you descibed above in there with the .JAVA generated JSP files. Now compile the stuff again and then test the WAR file. In my understanding, now you are using in both cases really the same (original) JSP page. If you do not have the problem now, I guess you have changed the handler for the create method and you missed to tell either the VIEW or the ACTION controller what to do with that action - but that I described above already.

Hope this helps to solve your problem and I have not lost you somewhere in the middle.

Regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

Thank alot for your brief description on the error. One point I missed before is, the same war file (precompiled JSP files without changing any files) has been working fine in my laptop MI Client, error is giving only in PDA.

I have not touched any of JSP, VIEW or Controllers. Every thing is similar to standard files.

<b>But I found one difference in comparision to war files. Before genrating war file I have both JSP pages and .INC files were in the same folder . For ex: I have a folder called notification where it having both JSP and .INC files. But after generation of war file, all the JSP files were deleted from the notification(root folder) folder and were converted to .class files and were placed in to WEB-INF/classes/notification folder. But .INC files were remains there in notification (root folder).

These .INC files were not there in the standard notifcation(root folder) war file. I think these .INC files also might be converted to .class files. This is the one difference I found in both war files.</b>

Now how do I get the same structure similar to standard while generating .war file.

Please let me know any other settings need to do in NWDS.

Thanks in Advance,

Murthy.